Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firearms mentor/supervisor letter to licensing Police Force.

Firearms mentor/supervisor letter to licensing Police Force.

Dear All,
    Is there a prescribed format or letter template I can get the person who has agreed to be my mentor/supervisor to follow when he writes his agreement letter in support of my firearms application?

Thank you for any help,
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Hi Adrian

Dont forget your introduction post
    Introductions
    My letter just read

I (Mentors Name) of (Mentor Address) agree to mentor Mr AdrianC. I am an open firearms certificate holder. number (Insert FAC number)

Then bung in phone numbers

i'm in the process of getting my 'accompanying' (mentoring) condition removed now, through the help of my friend and mentor Colin in the BDS. should hopefully be coming back any day now.

i've found with cheshire that as the condition isn't in home office guidelines there's no real procedure for getting it taken off so they've been a real pain about it (even with my level 1, range safety certfifcates and recommendations from stalkers etc.) telling me i'll have to wait 'a few years' to get it taken off. i'd think twice about accepting the condition mate as i wish i never did

Quote Originally Posted by AJWH View Post
    i'm in the process of getting my 'accompanying' (mentoring) condition removed now, through the help of my friend and mentor Colin in the BDS. should hopefully be coming back any day now.

i've found with cheshire that as the condition isn't in home office guidelines there's no real procedure for getting it taken off so they've been a real pain about it (even with my level 1, range safety certfifcates and recommendations from stalkers etc.) telling me i'll have to wait 'a few years' to get it taken off. i'd think twice about accepting the condition mate as i wish i never did
    AJWH, Did you have do the DSC1 before you applied?

I only ask as West Mercia will forgo the mentoring if you do the DSC1 and just wondered if Cheshire were the same? A friend of mine is just getting his mentoring condition removed as he has reached the 50 observed shots taken while in the company of his mentors.
    50 shots

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    50 shots
    Sounds reasonable.

Stick a roe profile up as a field target and get them all done in 5 minutes or so.

Wait a minute, better make that 20 minutes to give the barrel a chance to cool between groups.

Flytie, I didn't have to do my DSC1 before I applied but they recommended it. I wanted to be comfortable with my own rifle for the shooting test though, so I applied first. What's weird is they gave me the .17HMR unrestricted... surely the same rules apply with backstops etc. even though the HMR disintegrates, so maybe they just don't think it poses much of a threat .

Never heard of the 50 observed shots thing before but at least you've got a set rule up there!

Alex

If it isn't in Home office guidlines, what's it doing on your f.a.c.?????????? food for thought EH!............ be prepared for the long haul in Cheshire, stuff you don't possess appearing on ticket, stuff you do going missing, closed conditions arriving on open certs..............blah blah blah......................
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The first contact was my FLO telling me you had to be 18 not 17 for a FAC (a year ago)... also have they told you about our superfoxes that .17HRM's and .243's just aren't suitable for?

Quote Originally Posted by AJWH View Post
    ... also have they told you about our superfoxes that .17HRM's and .243's just aren't suitable for?
    That's a good one - it's usually the other way around with .308 etc. being 'overkill'!

And then we some flo's granting .22LR for them.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!