Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your trophy boilers?

Where do you get your trophy boilers?

Greetings!

Where do you guys get your trophy boilers for reds - for roe I use an old cooking pot

I've seen a 30L in bushwear magazine, but think it's too small, AND it's 200!!!

any other contraptions you've created that would work?

all ideas welcome, as my old boiler has packed in, and now I need to boil a stack of stag heads...somehow...

cheers,

P

Account Suspended
    My husband uses a Stainless steel bucket and a gas boiling ring like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200mm-Paella-G...item2a0a4c922c

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Greetings!

Where do you guys get your trophy boilers for reds - for roe I use an old cooking pot

I've seen a 30L in bushwear magazine, but think it's too small, AND it's 200!!!

any other contraptions you've created that would work?

all ideas welcome, as my old boiler has packed in, and now I need to boil a stack of stag heads...somehow...

cheers,

P
    Lots of burco boilers and tea urns for sale on ebay and they are a lot cheaper
    than 200.

NITRO

A pitch burner nabbed from the county yard and the missus' galvanised mop bucket.

The bottom 3rd of the 45 gallon drum that we have been using rusted through this season.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

The one from bushwear will do a stag head, but an old tea urn will do the job just as well if you can get hold of one.

A guy I know uses an EMPTY gas bottle cut lengthways, one of the medium sized ones.
    I know they belong to the gas company before anybody dives in, but I don't know anybody from the gas company that is employed to go round looking for empty bottles or people abusing them

The Victory Pub outside Portsmouth Naval Base on a friday night?

Stan

I use the camping gas stove and a big old stock pot, as my wife said, "YOU CAN DO THAT OUTSIDE"!
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

There are a few trophy-boilers hang about my local pub and more than a few cull beasts.

An old preserving pan bought for 2 quid at a car boot sale. BBQ with a gas burner on the side 'cos the missus can't stand them in the house.

Jonathon