Tikka T3X CTR

bish789

Hi all.
Thinking of getting one of these in .308, as they seem to be a bit of an all rounder.
Use it as a backup to my 6.5x55, but also use it as a target rifle up to 600yds.
Anybody got one?
if so, what do you think?
Thanks

Hi all.
Thinking of getting one of these in .308, as they seem to be a bit of an all rounder.
Use it as a backup to my 6.5x55, but also use it as a target rifle up to 600yds.
Anybody got one?
if so, what do you think?
Thanks
I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor. Excellent rifle. I shoot mine out past 1000 yards.~Muir

Thanks Muir.
Was looking at potentially getting the Creedmoor myself, but availability (and cost) of brass etc. has put me off.
I know they're very accurate, and can be upgraded if necessary.
Go on, how much are they over the pond?

I have a T3 in a CTR stock with the higher comb ( non-adjustable ) in .308 Win, with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40mm with fine duplex with BDC hashes. Every round I have tried has shot into groups smaller than 3/4 inch.
But the, my T3 Lite .30-06 does the same.

It is asking a bit much to expect a stalking rifle to also be a match or long range fun rifle, but for the money, the CTR gives you choices of barrels, threaded muzzle, lighter weight than a T3 Sporter. You might want to consider a T3X Light or Forest, and buy a take off CTR stock, which is also pretty light.

I have one in 308. As Muir says they are an excellent rifle and are ideal as a dual purpose rifle for targets and stalking.

Hi Southern.
How much in the states?
(Just want to annoy myself)
Palo, it will be mostly used for target, but, we'll see.

I did change my stock for a krg bravo chassis which I really like.
It shot fine in the factory stock also. IMG-cd648d0d11420b3e536e86c5fec654bb-V.jpg

Aw come on scotch egg. Why have you done that?
Just printed my variation out with .308.
Now I've got to think again.
:doh:

I have two 308 stainless ctr. Both have shot under 1/4 " groups. With factory ammo.. I'd pick a 308 over a 6.5 for deer hunting every time. For long range fox or long range target the 6.5 wins.
edi

Thanks Muir.
Was looking at potentially getting the Creedmoor myself, but availability (and cost) of brass etc. has put me off.
I know they're very accurate, and can be upgraded if necessary.
Go on, how much are they over the pond?
Less than $1000~Muir

I've got a .308 stainless adjustable ctr on order for december delivery, hoping it will make a nice deer and informal range rifle to replace my current .308 which is more range orientated and too unwieldy for deer use for my liking unfortunately.

I have two in 6.5cm. 20" for hunting and 24" in KRG whisky 3 chassis for target shooting. Only issue on the hunter was the mag rattling but a loop of electrical tape round the mag snugs it enough in the mag well to stop the noise.

I had the 6.5 ctr accuracy wise was a great the only issue I had with it was the magazine system mine use to rattle and when stalking wasn’t ideal.

I have a 6.5 Creedmoor 24" stainless CTR and love it.

It is really a range rifle for me and shoots quite happily to 1000 yards.

The only thing I would say is it's not a lightweight so not sure if you'd want it as a hill stalking rifle!

Swapped the standard stock for a GRS wood job as the standard synthetic didn't do the rifle any justice.

Action is very slick, mag feeds well, usual Tikka build quality!

(as for rattly mags there was a mod you could do where the latch engages on the mag and bend the tab out a bit.... I think!)

Back