Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High seat time filler.

Account Suspended

High seat time filler.

OK, before anyone shouts, I can't find the answer to this in the old threads either.

So, DON'T read on if it pisces you off....

What do you guys (and/or guyesses, how p.c. was that?) do to while away the hours in a high seat?

No rude replies please.

Sudoku puzzle book and pen ........

Ipod nano with a half decent audio book every time ,If no its the big zzzzzzzzzzz within the hour .

Please don't take this as an insult but I'm not sure why anyone would need to be entertained...is not nature enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Look for deer?
    +1, with a little nature watching while scanning with the bins. Can't understand anyone not listening for what's going on, my ears normally tell me when the deer are about before I see them. Foxes, badgers, pheasants, goldfinches, stoats, weasels, bramblings, woodpeckers, owls etc etc. all there to be observed and enjoyed.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    Please don't take this as an insult but I'm not sure why anyone would need to be entertained...is not nature enough?
    I agree but like widows son, after an hour or two, if I'm comfy I start to doze off. I then find myself shifting about more than I think I should to "snap out of it".

The I-pod and music don't help me much either, but maybe an audio book might be a good alternative.

Someone had a thread recently about imagining things to be deer, which weren't. On the flip side of that, don't you just love that "where the hell did you come from" moment?

There is always something going on if you look and listen

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    +1, with a little nature watching while scanning with the bins. Can't understand anyone not listening for what's going on, my ears normally tell me when the deer are about before I see them. Foxes, badgers, pheasants, goldfinches, stoats, weasels, bramblings, woodpeckers, owls etc etc. all there to be observed and enjoyed.
    I get that. Maybe I'm spoiled, or perhaps inured is the word, living in the countryside means I get wild-life around me ALL the time. Not that it bores me at all but maybe I get slightly complacent about it, after a few hours lookng at the same scenery.

in a high seat i enjoy watching the scenery and wildlife around me...i need nothing else.....if i get tired then its time to go home as falling asleep with a loaded rifle in hand is not a good idea especially up a high seat..