Moderator Cleaning Instructions

liamnjs

I have recently acquired a Sirocco SM11 and a Wildcat Predator 8 secondhand and I was wondering if stripping and cleaning instructions are online anywhere? If not a simple idiot's guide would be appreciated!

wack some wd40 in it and wipe the outside over with a oil rag. leave for it to dry out before your next outting

personally i wouldnt use wd as it inhibits rust, yep you read it ! & is flamable, i once saw a mod go into hyper space , & egnite because of wd ! ( nice to watch from a distance, if your wearing a nappy):lol: I strip soak in white spirit, reasemble ,ding dong done. The white spirit, breaks down the crud, leaving the parts as new, with little or no scrubbing & eveaporates to leave it squeeky clean.

personally i wouldnt use wd as it inhibits rust, yep you read it ! & is flamable, i once saw a mod go into hyper space , & egnite because of wd ! ( nice to watch from a distance, if your wearing a nappy):lol: I strip soak in white spirit, reasemble ,ding dong done. The white spirit, breaks down the crud, leaving the parts as new, with little or no scrubbing & eveaporates to leave it squeeky clean.

What acctually happened????? did the mod explode or strip the threads???

Personaly i give my T8 a squirt of WD after every time a shot or shots are fired on removing it,often several times a week without such problems, maybe moderation is the word:lol:

Has anyone actually read the things that WD40 does?

One of them states that it leaves a sticky film on surfaces, not what you want inside a moderator.

I have a friend that gives a good blast of WD40 into his moderator, he says it cleans it, Ive aked him how? Nothing ever comes OUT the can!

You're better off using Welder's Anti Spatter spray. It helps slow down build up in the moderator without actually making the problem worse.

I've used WD40 to help clean strippable mods like a SAK but I put them back together dry (or as near dry as I can get)

Well I stripped my P8 the other evening and it was a bugger to get undone :oops: I suppose I had left it too long bewteen cleaning. I need to order some new O-Rings as one is showing signs of wear/give. Mind you I have put about 500 rounds through this mod this year. I need to keep a better check on the rounds count and clean more often. The stainless blast shield is now pitted I noticed.

I followed their instructions and soaked then scrubbed in hot saopy water then scrubbed the stubborn burnt on fouling with a toothbrush and P-H 009. Some I had to scrape off :rolleyes: I suppose 100 or more rounds since the last clean is too many.

I have to also order a new baffle stack suitable for the .280 JIC ;).

? my jet-z CQB which are sealed , it says to use WD-40 thats in the maintinance instructions says be liberal squirt inside and out .

Back