DMQ to charge AW's

Having read the email from DMQ again, and having only just gone back on the register after a period away for personal reasons, unless their charge is minimal, I can see my name disappearing again pretty quickly.....

As a matter of principal I'll be paying not a brown penny. . .
Here's a plan, why don't I invoice DMQ my normal daily rate for providing a service which enables them to offer the DSC L2?

Bang on Cadex that’s what’s needed thay have a cheek.
All the AW should resign from DMQ in protest I for one has already resigned.

It seems to me that some not so bright spark at BASC/BDS, who let's face it run DMQ, presumed that AWs were minting it by charging candidates for their assessed stalks and wanted a piece of the pie. They are surely going to get egg all over their collective faces when they find the chief facilitators of their DSC2 scheme refuse to pay up. I think BASC (the voice of shooting) are going to have to eat crow on this occasion and back down.

A better idea would have been to make the AWs partners in the enterprise. DMQ is limited by guarantee and so cannot issue shares and pay a dividend. They will have to pay AWs to do the work they previously got for nothing. This debacle has BASC written all over it.

Isn’t it time for the organisations behind DMQ (BDS, BASC, NGO and DI) got together around the table to discuss how to progress this to the satisfaction of all concerned .

Well Gents IMHO this will go through, a charge will be levied on AW's. The "Better" AW's who do it for the right reasons and don't charge will resign, leaving those (Full time professionals excepted) who just use it to make money, carrying on. It's all getting a little bit comparable with Westminster.

I do believe in DSC system ... been level2 since 2006 but I hear people who currently level 1 saying they are not going for level2 now as people have offered to sign off mates etc without relevant skills being shown and tested.

Paul

I have just gone through my annual 'I should really do DSC2 this year'. As usual, I end up looking thinking it is a load of ******** that adds nothing and proves not a load but someone is making money. Why 3 examples? What is special about 3? Either you can do it or not. 1 is enough. I passed my Higher Maths but didn't have to do it again the next year to prove it.

I have just gone through my annual 'I should really do DSC2 this year'. As usual, I end up looking thinking it is a load of ******** that adds nothing and proves not a load but someone is making money. Why 3 examples? What is special about 3? Either you can do it or not. 1 is enough. I passed my Higher Maths but didn't have to do it again the next year to prove it.

I'm yet to do mine, but I guess the idealistic way for assuarance to be maintained would be that you would do three seperate stalks over a period of time with different AW's. This would then be a useful way to get confirmation that one does know what one is doing. Always seems a bit wierd (though perfectly within the rules) when somebody completes their three over a weekend or a day.
It does seem to a liberty to request money when the outlay on DSC2 is already not cheap and you would think that would cover admin?

in all honest this could spell disaster for the DMQ level 2 it will mean those that don't charge like myself, will be obligated to charge, once that happens you then open your self to business problems , insurances corporate, vehicle insurances for having clients in your PLG vehicle ,then there's time on the ground time completing E portfolios etc Cost soon add up, which make the DMQ level two untenable to many who just enjoy a few days stalking per year .

I don't believe the DMQ board in the wisdom have looked at the bigger issues of turning volunteers ( who were happy to take folk out) into businesses asking them to pay to register then no doubt an annual fee .

I don't believe the DMQ board in the wisdom have looked at the bigger issues of turning volunteers ( who were happy to take folk out) into businesses asking them to pay to register then no doubt an annual fee .

I think it was because they were never taught to be cautious. :norty:

Well I got a short email back from DMQ. Not an answer to my question regarding what they intend to charge us, not surprisingly :rolleyes:. But I was informed the chairman would be contacting me :rolleyes:, wont hold my breath on that one.
I have still been asked to sign the GDP form, which I am still considering, as I still think this whole affair is going to be a waste of my valuable time.

For all the hassle and bad feeling this will create, it would surely have been better just to up the registration fee by a equivalent amount, as it is the candidate that will end up paying more anyway?!:doh:
MS

Spot on Monkey Spanker that would be far more easier.
As an AW myself I have never charged anyone for undertaking a level 2 portfolio in fact I’m often out of pocket as I generally don’t bother taking anything for fuel either.
As for DMQ saying we’ve been sponsored I’ve never seen a penny.
I am now seriously considering if I should carry on as a AW or not.

in all honest this could spell disaster for the DMQ level 2 it will mean those that don't charge like myself, will be obligated to charge, once that happens you then open your self to business problems , insurances corporate, vehicle insurances for having clients in your PLG vehicle ,then there's time on the ground time completing E portfolios etc Cost soon add up, which make the DMQ level two untenable to many who just enjoy a few days stalking per year .

If DMQ (Alias BASC/BDS etc.) are intent on making recreational AWs into fee charging businesses, will they still be covered by the insurance products they offer? Fee charging AWs, a status being imposed upon them, will also need to take out Public Liability insurances. OR just perhaps, the fee the DMQ will charge will offer FREE insurance for AW work?

Wise man says AW's should resign - sounds like many are already considering this;

4th Horseman says it's getting a bit like Westminster - quite so!

Maybe AW's should threaten to resign if the decision is not rescinded; see Westminster training video below, lol! Starts appx 02.16

Maybe Paxo can interview DMQ bod in due course? :rofl:

Guys

Anyone Heard any news or updates on what’s occurring, I haven’t heard a thing since the Email from DMQ

Anyone doing L2 outings pre the November transition ?????

Guys

Anyone Heard any news or updates on what’s occurring, I haven’t heard a thing since the Email from DMQ

Anyone doing L2 outings pre the November transition ?????

Had a short and polite email back whilst in Scotland with clients asking me to sign the Data Protection act document. Just had another reminder this morning.

I have a Level 2 candidate this weekend and another in about 2 weeks time. I am supposed to be getting a response from the Chairman of the DMQ board, but have received nothing as yet :rolleyes:. I will not hold my breath, the silence is overwhelming.

Spot on Monkey Spanker that would be far more easier.
As an AW myself I have never charged anyone for undertaking a level 2 portfolio in fact I’m often out of pocket as I generally don’t bother taking anything for fuel either.
As for DMQ saying we’ve been sponsored I’ve never seen a penny.
I am now seriously considering if I should carry on as a AW or not.

Possibly the powers that be have decided that a known number on a (relatively lengthy) list of AW's contributing a defined amount gives a defined base income figure, whereas the (possibly declining over time) number of potential candidates do not represent an equally valuable potential income stream....

With a bit of luck the DMQ are hearing the rising racket of jungle drums that us mere mortals are beating & hopefully they are considering raising money another way that wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot!
---- Still not holding my breath though! - Just banging as many drums as I can!

Ian

Likewise, I will also be leaving the system. I also done everything for free as I thought the system had some merit. However, I also know of one AW that continues to put through weak candidates with very limited experience and makes a mockery of the system.

Back