Thread: Deben lithium ion batterys

Deben lithium ion batterys

hi folks

anybody have or used these newish super dooper lithium oin batterys form deben??

apparently a third of the wieght etc etc.

i have 2 clulites a 1 million candle power and a 2 million candle power...i think 50 and 100 w

im no electrician i hate the stuff too many zaps from it.

you get different amperage batterys...22amp i think the highest....anybody any idea how long it would power these lamps etc.?

or would lower amperage do ?

cheers
    sauer /paul

I got one 2 years ago. Really light, carry in your pocket stuff, lasts about 2 or more hours on full beam. Pleased with it. Beware when the battery is flat, though, it just goes out immediately, there is no slow fade out like with the heavy old dry cell units, and you are plunged into darkness miles from the car.......

Lithium Ion batteries are excellent, very light indeed. I am pretty sure they will be the norm in a year or two.
    The older ones certainly did run out with no warning, however if you get the latest Deben catalogue (no: 26) you will see they now supply them with a built in gauge telling you the state of the battery.
    All in all a very good piece of kit.

sauer

The lithium ion batteries are excellent if you spend a lot of time lamping on foot. The big 22Ah unit will power a 100w lamp for around 2.5 hours which equates to a 3-4hr session when used intermittently . Our lamping squad carry a battery each (or two 12Ah units) and never notice the weight. An equivalent lead acid battery weighs over a stone!

Carry a spare if you are walking miles from the car or use a 50w bulb to double run times.

By the way to work out roughly how long the baterry will last use the following sum:-

(Ah of battery x Voltage of battery )/ Wattage of the bulb = run time in hours

eg 22(Ah) x 12(V )= 264
    264/100(W ) = 2.64 hours

regards

[QUOTE=scotspine;142701]sauer

The lithium ion batteries are excellent if you spend a lot of time lamping on foot. The big 22Ah unit will power a 100w lamp for around 2.5 hours which equates to a 3-4hr session when used intermittently . Our lamping squad carry a battery each (or two 12Ah units) and never notice the weight. An equivalent lead acid battery weighs over a stone!

Carry a spare if you are walking miles from the car or use a 50w bulb to double run times.

By the way to work out roughly how long the baterry will last use the following sum:-

(Ah of battery x Voltage of battery )/ Wattage of the bulb = run time in hours

eg 22(Ah) x 12(V )= 264
    264/100(W ) = 2.64 hours

cheers guys....thats good news....most o my lamping plugged into the cigarette lighter but i know my cluson battery probably got a lot o life left to give i use it now n again i really like sound of these.....ok another thing on the xmas pressie list..wife says im getting nowt after getting my custom rifle this year tho!

great formula that....simple when someone shows you...cheers scotspine

sauer /paul

I'm another convert for the Deben Lithium batteries.

We use them for foxing and they are excellent for on the quad, on foot as well as the back of the pick ups.

I was out a few nights ago and my mate forgot the Deben one (...or so he tells me!) and as I was the designated lamp & squeaking man, big lucky gets the old standby acid battery set-up.It was his old 17 amp hour (double battery) pack & I forgot how much of a burden lugging the old lead acid up hill and down dale all night was, must be getting saft in my old age as I could walk all night with these before...either that or jut spoiled by these new lithuim battery packs

Definately worth the investement and the newer packs come with an LED display showing power remaining so you have an idea of when they are going to stop working.

rb

Their will be no going back to the old battery's, After you have bought a Lithium one.
    They are excellent..
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.