Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rcbs rock chucker die bush !

rcbs rock chucker die bush !

morning lads ,

can ANYONE help me source or can tell me where i can get the die bush that screws in the top of the press ?

then once that is in place , i can screw in the die and crack on . i got the rock chucker free to a good home , so not looking a gift horse in the mouth i want to make good use of it , is is and older rock chucker press with the letters RCII on it , i think its about 20 yrs old but its in mint nick !

ive already called reloading solutions this morning , and the bush is not listed as a spare part . so at the moment im at a dead end ! but there trying so source one for me , but i would like one sooner rather than later !

i hope some one can help !!!

cheers

lee
    Last edited by leec6.5; 09-10-2010 at 09:27.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Take the die and press to a machine shop and get them to machine you one but it will probably cost a bit,just a thought.
    Neil.

Lee

RCBS - Precisioneered Shooting Products - Contact Us - I am fairly confident if you contact RCBS they will be helpful.

Rgds JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider View Post
    Take the die and press to a machine shop and get them to machine you one but it will probably cost a bit,just a thought.
    Neil.
    chers neil ,

i had thought of that , and im saving that as a plan B , i would rather have an original RCBS one if possible !

cheers

lee

Discretion assured

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    lee

rcbs - precisioneered shooting products - contact us - i am fairly confident if you contact rcbs they will be helpful.

Rgds jcs
    i have just dropped them a line , lets see how long it takes to reply !

Cheers lee

Discretion assured

Hi Lee i have nothing but praise for rcbs, i a sure you will get a swift response and i would not be surprised if they send the item free of charge

regards Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    morning lads ,

can ANYONE help me source or can tell me where i can get the die bush that screws in the top of the press ?

then once that is in place , i can screw in the die and crack on . i got the rock chucker free to a good home , so not looking a gift horse in the mouth i want to make good use of it , is is and older rock chucker press with the letters RCII on it , i think its about 20 yrs old but its in mint nick !

ive already called reloading solutions this morning , and the bush is not listed as a spare part . so at the moment im at a dead end ! but there trying so source one for me , but i would like one sooner rather than later !

i hope some one can help !!!

cheers

lee
    So why don't you set the locking rings on the dies and leave them?~Muir?

Muir,

I think he means the 7/8" adaptor bush they come with. Take it out to uses 1 1/4" dies Hmm The one in my Rockchucker had never been out and was stuck fast. I believe I did free it up juts in case I needed to change it but let's face it unless I acquire another 577/450 or rebuild the .577" Snider I am not like to need to remove it.

Brit: No need! I resize 577 Snider in my standard press! (I have the proper bullet mold for the Snider if you want it on indefinite loan, btw.) Ever use 24 ga brass shotgun hulls for brass?? I want to try it. They are cheap here compared to Bell .577 @ $4 a casing.

I wonder what Lee is loading that requires dies that large?? Or is he talking about the Hornady-type interrupted thread bushings? If so, Lee, skip it . They don't save any work! ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Brit: No need! I resize 577 Snider in my standard press! (I have the proper bullet mold for the Snider if you want it on indefinite loan, btw.) Ever use 24 ga brass shotgun hulls for brass?? I want to try it. They are cheap here compared to Bell .577 @ $4 a casing.

I wonder what Lee is loading that requires dies that large?? Or is he talking about the Hornady-type interrupted thread bushings? If so, Lee, skip it . They don't save any work! ~Muir
    muir ,

what i need is the bush that screws into the top of the press so i can screw in my lee dies !

with out it im in a bit of a buggers muddlen

cheers lee

Discretion assured