Thread: Taxidermy Preference of Pose

Taxidermy Preference of Pose

Lakey hope you don't mind I took the liberty of starting a new thread to respond to your question as don't want to divert the deer photo thead
    Originally Posted by CFFT
    Wow spent ages looking at all these photos, some are just amazing, trophies and wildlife shots
    Think the Black Fallow sticks in my mind the most just beautiful!
    Thought these would fit in here, some pics I took a long time ago of Hog Deer but this was as close I could get! Funny yet stunning little things, to me they have that devilish and fiesty look of the Sika but on a Munty shape body.
    Attachment 2887Attachment 2889Attachment 2888Attachment 2890

Good photo's Claire. Interesting photo that last one.I wonder how many commercial taxidermists would have the 'guts' to incorporate that much white around the eye on a finished mount? Of course the deer is looking back over its left shoulder at something, however I have also seen the same effect on deer looking sharply upwards from a lowered head.....I believe that most customers wouldn't want the true look duplicated, as most dont look at deer closely enough to notice those subtle eye positions???? What do you think?

Lakey
    To have the guts? Yes I would no probs because it is real. But it's weather the client would like it.
    My aim to please my client so what ever pose they would like I would do my best to create (no smut please)
    But a tidy and well done shoulder mount is always going to be a winner when having something on the wall imo.
    I like a natural soft pose, a slight turn, either assymmetrical ears or a direct focus. Not a fan of straights as they always look stiff but this is just my personal preference.
    Regards whites around eyes, I would include it if the pose justified it or it was appropriate. And eye rotation absolutley crutial!

Last edited by CFFT; 09-10-2010 at 16:37. Reason: can't spell!

Quote Originally Posted by CFFT View Post
    Lakey hope you don't mind I took the liberty of starting a new thread to respond to your question as don't want to divert the deer photo thead

To have the guts? Yes I would no probs because it is real. But it's weather the client would like it.
    My aim to please my client so what ever pose they would like I would do my best to create (no smut please)
    But a tidy and well done shoulder mount is always going to be a winner when having something on the wall imo.
    I like a natural soft pose, a slight turn, either assymmetrical ears or a direct focus. Not a fan of straights as they always look stiff but this is just my personal preference.
    Regards whites around eyes, I would include it if the pose justified it or it was appropriate. And eye rotation absolutley crutial!

Good answer Claire, and sorry it has taken me so long to answer. I am the same as you , that it is best being led by the client, they normally have a good(ish) idea of what they want, however if they get stuck I dont mind giving them a few ideas. I have lost count of the number of people that come in wanting a conventional shoulder mount, only to settle for a wall pedestal mount (especially Sika) after they have seen photos.

All the best

Lakey