Badger baiting

spandit

Don't panic, wasn't a deliberate attempt to bait a badger - was hoping that some muntjac would appear or that squirrels would find the bird seed and peanuts, so that they'd get used to being there (it's an easy shot from my high seat). Took 3 nights for the bait to disappear but here's the culprit - he was there for over an hour and polished off the lot - I've replenished the bait and replaced the SD card so will see if he's back again tonight

badger.jpg

I put maize under a half sheet of shuttering ply with 2 large rocks on it. The boar have no problem lifting the ply out of the way to eat the maize but now i have a badger digging under the board to get at the maize. The badger living on borrowed time as they are legal quarry here. i might have to get my friend , the Norsk badger slayer in to teach them a lesson again :D.

Bloody sods they are. Nice picture btw. I have a place I go foxing and bait it with meat. Spend a lot of time shouting at the Badgers that come in to nick the meat. Flipin things.

Got up early yesterday and was up on the high seat by 6:15. Brock was there only a short time before. Anyway, froze my nuts off until it got light but watching two roe does feeding close by and seeing a fox carrying a rabbit more than made up for it.

I put maize under a half sheet of shuttering ply with 2 large rocks on it. The boar have no problem lifting the ply out of the way to eat the maize but now i have a badger digging under the board to get at the maize. The badger living on borrowed time as they are legal quarry here. i might have to get my friend , the Norsk badger slayer in to teach them a lesson again :D.

Do you eat tgem over there?
Do they make good eating?

Do you eat tgem over there?
Do they make good eating?

Eat them? No Its considered good sport to hunt them just before harvest time with moose hounds out in the crops. Its still legal here to use terriers and dig them. Badger and foxes are the only animal you can dispatch with a single shot pistol.

And some nice hams ;)

Back