.243 Loads

R700ROE

I've now got enough cases to start reloading for .243,tikka T3 Varmit 20 " barrel,i've reloaded before for a .22 250.I'm looking for a load using 75gn bt and Varget powder.Hoping someone can cut out the testing bit slightly.

Shaun.

75g v max and 40g varget go very well from my supper varmint or 80gnosler b/tip and 38g varget shoot even better

Hi I use a Tikka t3 243 & like 58 V-max home loads Vihtavuori N140 41.6 grans powder great little foxing round its works for me

my friend uses varget with 70 grain blizking and its deadly accurate and eye opening when it drops the foxes !

Last edited:
Hiya Mate,

Check out this guy, he has the same rifle as you and I have one as well.

He uses 87 grain V-Max behind 44 grains of H414.

I use the same combinations and get incredible accuracy.

I can usually get .4" groups at 100yds and 1" at 250yds.

With the rifle you have and that combination you just cannot go wrong.

Its better accuracy than a lot of custom rifles.

If you need some cases I have about 60 once fired norma cases and I am sure I could let you have 100 87 grain V-Max if you need em too.

Last edited:
Hiya Mate,

Check out this guy, he has the same rifle as you and I have one as well.

He uses 87 grain V-Max behind 44 grains of H414.

I use the same combinations and get incredible accuracy.

I can usually get .4" groups at 100yds and 1" at 250yds.

With the rifle you have and that combination you just cannot go wrong.

Its better accuracy than a lot of custom rifles.

If you need some cases I have about 60 once fired norma cases and I am sure I could let you have 100 87 grain V-Max if you need em too.

Thanks for the offer but i've almost a tub of Varget so am looking to use that in the load plus i've enough brass.

Shaun.

I have the t3 varmnt as well ,I use 40.5 gn Varget with 75gn v-max. Awesome round. I had no luck getting any decent groups using varget with heavier bullets though.

I've now got enough cases to start reloading for .243,tikka T3 Varmit 20 " barrel,i've reloaded before for a .22 250.I'm looking for a load using 75gn bt and Varget powder.Hoping someone can cut out the testing bit slightly.

Shaun.

38.5 grains of Varget over 80 grain Berger Varmint match gives me sub 1" groups at 200yds in my Tikka T3 Super Varmint.

Back