Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carminnows estate

Carminnows estate

Is it still up and running? I don't plan to visit. Just curious...

Hi,

The estate has been bought by a Belgian count and it is unclear whether it will continue to be run commercially as a sporting estate. All animals will be culled that are in there and they are not selling any more days.

I hope this helps.

Simon

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious really after hearing a few stories about the place over a few beers recently. I saw a very badly written blog about an estate offering trophy hunting in Scotland on an animal rights nut job site and wondered if this was the place they were reffering too. Hence the question.

Cheers
    MJ

Gents and all in reading,

I can confirm that Carminnows Estate has been sold and is under new ownership but not as mentioned above to a Belgian count.
    New owner is a scotsman based in Singapore who will be running the property as an agricultural, sporting, fishing and holiday Estate.
    There will be no days on offer for the foreseeable future as there is a lot of infrastructure and credability to be established in the new venture.
    any sporting activities and availabilities will be posted in time either on the blog or on the new carminnows website.

Maybe the nut job animal rights websites can turn their focus elsewhere.

Hope this helps

MM
    Carminnows Estate Manager ( under new ownership )

slightly unfair comment. a lot of reputable hunting folks have rightly condemned Carminnows for the hunts they run and you may not like the nut job animal rights websites (your description not mine) - and hardly a professional way to describe them as Carminnows Estate Manager (under new ownership) as a lot of perfectly reasonable people who are NOT animal rights nutters and who support hunting do not approve of Carminnows Estates and its activities.

If you describe anyone who happens to dislike captive in this way, it alienates an awful lot of people including members on here. So regaining credibility for the pariah estate is going to be an uphill climb.

Quote Originally Posted by dosido View Post
    slightly unfair comment. a lot of reputable hunting folks have rightly condemned Carminnows for the hunts they run and you may not like the nut job animal rights websites (your description not mine) - and hardly a professional way to describe them as Carminnows Estate Manager (under new ownership) as a lot of perfectly reasonable people who are NOT animal rights nutters and who support hunting do not approve of Carminnows Estates and its activities.

If you describe anyone who happens to dislike captive in this way, it alienates an awful lot of people including members on here. So regaining credibility for the pariah estate is going to be an uphill climb.
    I concur. Perhaps the new owner should also seek to employ an experienced and skilled PR manager!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    I concur. Perhaps the new owner should also seek to employ an experienced and skilled PR manager!
    Give the guy a break, he seems to be found guilty by association.

I see nothing wrong with describing the animal rights nut jobs as nut jobs - they are. Remember the case where they stole a body from a grave and asserted they would return it only when the family stopped farming? Can anyone tell me these are normal people? Anyone on stalking web sites, or in the general population, spend their days digging up dead bodies and holding them for ransom?

Now, I am aware that this estate has had some PR problems mostly related to how it was managed in terms of hunting and animal welfare but there is no earthly reason why a person who knows a nut job when he sees one would lack the ability and knowledge to rectify the issues that made the estate a prime example of how not to do stalking in the UK.

It is also the case that this site seems, especially in the last few days, to have gained a lot of people who very low post counts who post rather inflammatory comments in a range of otherwise sensible threads. Recently I saw someone post as Richard Prior for example and say something on a thread that had already been subject to some trolling. I doubt if it was THE Richard Prior and my feeling is that it was a 2nd, or more, log in for someone else. I'm not suggesting that these postings are organised in any way but this is a good site, with good info, good banter and good people and we need to be careful that negative outside infulences don't ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I see nothing wrong with describing the animal rights nut jobs as nut jobs - they are. Remember the case where they stole a body from a grave and asserted they would return it only when the family stopped farming? Can anyone tell me these are normal people? Anyone on stalking web sites, or in the general population, spend their days digging up dead bodies and holding them for ransom?

Now, I am aware that this estate has had some PR problems mostly related to how it was managed in terms of hunting and animal welfare but there is no earthly reason why a person who knows a nut job when he sees one would lack the ability and knowledge to rectify the issues that made the estate a prime example of how not to do stalking in the UK.

It is also the case that this site seems, especially in the last few days, to have gained a lot of people who very low post counts who post rather inflammatory comments in a range of otherwise sensible threads. Recently I saw someone post as Richard Prior for example and say something on a thread that had already been subject to some trolling. I doubt if it was THE Richard Prior and my feeling is that it was a 2nd, or more, log in for someone else. I'm not suggesting that these postings are organised in any way but this is a good site, with good info, good banter and good people and we need to be careful that negative outside infulences don't ruin it.

Admin trys to keep undesirables from causing problems on this site, and any that do get short thrift from myself, Csl and JAYB. We are able to monitor a lot of the traffic and are well aware when someone trys to rejoin under a different name and cause further problems.

Rest assured this site will not be ruined by anyone.

Thank you

Sikamalc

Thanks for that Sikamalc, we know that everyone on the admin team works hard to keep this site going and to keep it relatively clear of the "loony fringe" while encouraging and allowing people to hold and express strong personal opinions and it is apreciated as it is a tricy balance to find, especially when stalkers are by their nature a fairly individual and outspoken bunch.