open ticket

SussexFallow

Just reading through the legal posts thought i would post my latest fun with firearms sussex.

Ive had my fac now for two years cleared for 17hmr 243 and 308 on land cleared deemed suitable by the chief of police. I am after an open ticket to enable me access to more land. I regularly attend rtc involving deer for east sussex and kent when i can humanely despatch with any calibre I see fit. I am currently working towards completion of level 2 which i hope to do in the next year.
So a call to my flo to ask the question he told me that licensing will revue it based on how many bullets ive bought/used:confused: Then told him I reload so he said keep all the receipts as proof. :confused::confused:

Just seems to me to be a complete loads of bull faeces

ATB Steve

Apply anyway. Do you have numerous pieces of ground to shoot over now? With the likelihood of obtaining more in the forseeable future? If so, you're practically there. I got mine with South Yorkshire. They wanted letters from two people I've shot with saying that I was a safe and competant shot, and land detail as above.

However I was about to move to Derbyshire who wanted 1500 rounds through each weapon. Including a .30-06 I was applying for at the same time, which is a bit silly IMHO. Needless to say I got my application in with South Yorkshire pronto before changing address across the county line.

Tell your FEO that there is no requirement for "a number of bullets fired" in the HO guidelines. They only ask for experience. Try and provide letters from open FAC holder stating that you're safe and competant etc. But mainly supply details of ground. However you're RTA's experience should be pretty good justification for this I would have thought? Are you registered with plod for RTA's?

Be polite, and remember you can't appeal if they say no. :(

Good luck
MJ

Last edited:
hi steve, my flo was sam colver he told me to keep all my receipts for reloading , i looked at the ones from kwg the other day and the ink had faded and i am left with blank paper, i think it is a better idea to either save your primers, or make a batch of ammo and enter them on your ticket, is it true that sam has moved on,
regards geoff

Hi Steve, I have recently been in exactly the same position...Just make sure you have your reloading log up to date and try to get a letter or two of support from people you have been culling deer with...I submitted mine and the ticket came back open without conditions, without a visit!...When I say recently, it was last week...Though I am with Avon & Somerset...I wish you luck with that one...Mark

I am not looking for an open ticket (already have one) but my FC is up for renewal soon and I have nothing on my FC about ammo at all.
Another point as well, when I put my renewal application in I retain my old FC until I get the new one so how do they know what is on it anyway.:confused:

Usual Sussex BS. STOP TALKING TO FEO'S ON THE PHONE!!! Get everything on email/fax/letter. Trust me on this, as soon as you ask for things in writing the BS stops. JC

i think it is a better idea to either save your primers, or make a batch of ammo and enter them on your ticket,

Maybe I'm missing something here but surely your RFD enters the expanding bullets on your FAC when you buy them, so your FEO knows exactly how many bullets you've bought
and therefore how many you've reloaded?

Maybe I'm missing something here but surely your RFD enters the expanding bullets on your FAC when you buy them, so your FEO knows exactly how many bullets you've bought
and therefore how many you've reloaded?
Yep, thats how its done in Devon, whether its bullets or heads they all go on the certificate, at least the shops i deal with put it on anyway.
So its probably a good idea to ask the shop next time to add them on the certificate.
Cheers
Richard

I have bought from three different sources and in each case it was a check to see if I was authorised to possess and pay up and thank you very much !!

So a call to my flo to ask the question he told me that licensing will revue it based on how many bullets ive bought/used:confused: Then told him I reload so he said keep all the receipts as proof. :???

So they are saying that if you have used say 1000 rounds in 2 years shooting at paper targets then you are now qualified to assess land suitability... but if you have only used 40 rounds and successfully shot 20 foxes or deer(and some for zeroing) you are still an amateur land surveyor and need more experience :cuckoo:
BTW... what's to say you don't ask all your friends to save up their reciepts for bullet heads? or that you have bought loads of ammo but not used any and hidden it somewhere when they come to check in your safe? The whole system is so open to abuse it's a joke.

Last edited:
Back