Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC courses

BASC courses

Dear all,

There are a two courses coming up that some may be interested in:

Intermediate Deer Courses 6+7th November in Kent
    The intermediate Deer Course is designed as a step between DSC Levels One and Two and the aim is to advance and prepare students wishing to undertake the DSC level two, and any novice stalker wishing to further their practical experience.
    http://www.basc.org.uk/en/department...er-courses.cfm

Carcass Inspection and butchery Courses on 18th October, Seven Oaks
    The aim of this course is to equip the candidate with the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness required to undertake basic carcase inspection as required for the Deer Stalking Certificate Level 2 (DSC 2) Assessment and also to equip the student with the basic skills in home butchery of a deer carcase. It is an ideal course aimed at the beginner or novice shot to improve skills.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/department...d-butchery.cfm

Best wishes

David

A carcass inspection/butchery course a little further North would be most welcome David

fraser

I have seen many courses run by BASC but they seem to think the WestCountry doesn't exist.

BDS do courses of the type above at Powderham Castle. I wonder if BASC could do the same?

Regards
    Colin.

BASC will running two carcass and butchery courses in the South West region next autumn. We will also be running 11 other deer related courses in the South West region in 2011, the dates shall be on the website very soon.

Many thanks, Peter

Thanks for the feedback guys, Peter is I/C our courses so let him know what you want / need and he will see what can be done.

Having said that, a call to BASC Scotland to chivy them up on courses in the far North may help too!

Thanks again

David

Quote Originally Posted by Peterm View Post
    BASC will running two carcass and butchery courses in the South West region next autumn. We will also be running 11 other deer related courses in the South West region in 2011, the dates shall be on the website very soon.

Many thanks, Peter
    Does the North of this country not want anything??

Thanks

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    A carcass inspection/butchery course a little further North would be most welcome David

fraser
    Quote Originally Posted by arthursc View Post
    I have seen many courses run by BASC but they seem to think the WestCountry doesn't exist.

BDS do courses of the type above at Powderham Castle. I wonder if BASC could do the same?

Regards

Colin.

Oh here's one that's never been aired before mmmm, I had this conversation on the phone no more that three months ago with BASC HQ and the editor of the magazine ,they actually brought up the number of people that work in the Scottish regional office being way more and any other office in the UK,that being so why are we not getting any adult courses it is all young shot courses ,I am one for educating youngsters into the shooting world but it is about time the adults had courses to suit there requirements.

A poor return on that information saddens me but what's new ,always been the same ,the facts being if you live above the watford gap your a second class citizen common knowledge ,and here I thought all the british currency had the said same value .

Well David you make your calls I'll put money on it ,it will hit the same deaf ears as my conversation with HQ has good luck .

If you phone Donald Muir in the Scottish Office I'm sure you will find that BASC Scotland runs a number of courses including most of those run throughout the UK. They certainly run DSC Level 1's and get heavily involved in the DCS Best Practice days.

Give him a ring, you might be pleasantly suprised

Many thanks, Peter

My local branch of the BDS conduct days designed like this and with the same content. Cost for the day - about 20 a head!

Peter: Sorry to point one thing out I'm a long standing member, I SHOULDN'T have to phone anyone ,there is a short fall as Ive pointed out there are young shot courses and theres young shot courses , field craft courses again for youngsters .

Now as your the courses Coordinator maybe you should phone him and ask why theres no adult courses programme in the magazine under the Scottish region .

I have asked the question at BASC HQ spoken to the editor of the magazine, who even stated to me that he gives the Scottish region two pages with in the magazine but, to no avail seemingly ,now the BASC are always looking for positive feed back, now Ive gave some general concern about this to HQ as positive feed back, and what I get from you is, phone him, tell you what make all the BASC staff self employed working on your paid for what you do , we'll have courses coming out our ears , instead of sitting comfortable getting paid plenty for it . mmmmm

I only wish I could facilitate myself within a employed job like this. In fact I don't I'd get bored stiff .

Best practice days well ive not missed one and ive never seen any of the staff from Trochry at any of them ,there possibly the best activity course for deer ive been to , and its free .

Sorry Peter but Ive got to work bloody hard for the membership, which I Pay, which goes towards the running and wages of the staff of the BASC.
    Last edited by widows son; 13-10-2010 at 18:44.