MOD or NOT

W16OEN

I am thinking about buying a Rem VSSF 223 for vermin control. The rifle is about 8.5lb with a 26'' barrel. By the time I fit a scope, Bipod and Mod it is going to be up around the 11lb mark? Do you think I could get away w/o a mod. Muzzle flip should not be a problem with this calibre and semi heavy varmint barrel.
Your thoughts are welcomed, thanks

get a light mod like a cmm4 if the weight is an issue for you.

I purchased one for my .243 and to be honest I dont really notice any difference when it's on.

By the sounds of it it is a truck gun mainly in which case weight isnt really an issue, in fact probably the heavier the better for accuracy etc

Length may be a bit more of a problem though, especially if you are trying to shoot out of a window

i have a heavy barrel winchester which is 26 inchs long and even though its heavy it still flips wqith out the mod on. if your worried about the weight why not get it cut back to 22 inchs and then fit the mod. as its 223 your not going to lose alot of fps

You can get it cut down, but to be honest I would just live with the weight. My rigs are similar weights - wouldn't be without a mod though, my hearing is worth the weight!

**** and i thought my rilfe was a chore at 7llb best of luck if you can carry that a few oz wont bother you.

Get some ear plugs or better still some electronic defenders.....cheaper than a mod!

Having said that, I think the good points of fitting a mod far outweigh the bad points.

Regards

I am thinking about buying a Rem VSSF 223 for vermin control. The rifle is about 8.5lb with a 26'' barrel. By the time I fit a scope, Bipod and Mod it is going to be up around the 11lb mark? Do you think I could get away w/o a mod. Muzzle flip should not be a problem with this calibre and semi heavy varmint barrel.
Your thoughts are welcomed, thanks

My brother had same Rifle an Cal he had a T8 :eek: as already said get a A-TEC-CMM4-AL OR Roedale as a truck vehicle fine

Back