Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ticket ref

ticket ref

who do you get to be your ref on your certificate,myself i have a mate thats a solicitor but beside the ones listed on the renewal form who else ,do you have ?.

Your next door neighbour, someone you work with.... anyone really, as long as they've known you for more than 2yrs.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

i asked a mate. he was surprised and said he didn't think he would "qualify". he is a fireman and has had an open cert for several years, perfect ref imho. There is a misconception that a referee has to be doctor lawyer minister etc. just get someone you know that is clean of any criminal conviction that has known you for a while.

For shotguns and rifles I have used a barrister, two solicitors, a doctor, a head teacher, a micro-biologist and a well respected former member of HMAF who now does Radar installations around the world. Really with an FAC, if you have two long standing, open ticket holders of good repute it should be fine according to what our local FEO says.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Mine are both managers within the civil service, one an accountant and one an IT bod, never any problems.

Is it not the case that the Section 2 has to be countersigned by a person of public standing, whereas with the section one, it can be people who've kept their nose clean, and have known you for the two years?

Quote Originally Posted by DL View Post
    Is it not the case that the Section 2 has to be countersigned by a person of public standing, whereas with the section one, it can be people who've kept their nose clean, and have known you for the two years?
    No. Same as section one.

Best
    MJ

Jared, We must be using old forms up here.

A countersignatory must also be a Member of Parliament, Justice of the
    Peace, minister of religion, doctor, lawyer, established civil servant, bank
    officer or person of similar standing. Serving police officers, police
    employees and registered firearms dealers cannot act as countersignatories.

I might expect to see the bankers dropped from the list on the next print run!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I might expect to see the bankers dropped from the list on the next print run!
    Wouldn't 'civil servant' cover most of them now? Given that we effectively own them in the UK after bailing the b*st*rds out?