Perruque

Rob Mac

Afternoon

A friend of mine shot this buck last week down near Warminster in Wiltshire. He's never seen a perruque in the flesh and nor have I, so I said that I'd post the picture to see what other members thought. Is it a typical example...?

Cheers,

Rob

Perruque.jpg

Well I would say that is a fine example of a Peruque head. Did he exam the bucks wedding tackle? sometimes it is obvious from the outside if there has been damaged caused (barbed wire fence, car collision) sometimes its internal. It is rare to see and shoot one.

Here is one i shot in Sussex many years ago. It had no testicles anda very long head.

viltspr001-1.jpg

Hi Rob

Yes, I'm still here :lol:

A Continental client would have paid a fortune to shoot that, they are highly prized back in the Father Land.

Mark

Hi Rob

A typical perruque - your friend did this buck a favour as it would eventually get worse and flyblown. MarkH is right about the Continentals. They get very excited about any abnormal head. I've known people have the head set up, but it's definitely a task for a good taxidermist and not something most people could do at home.

Mole

MarkH said:
Hi Rob

Yes, I'm still here :lol:

A Continental client would have paid a fortune to shoot that, they are highly prized back in the Father Land.

Mark

A couple of months agao I was doing my DSC1 with at Eskdalemuir with Ronald Rose.

In his classroom he had a Perruque head mounted that was a gold medal.

When talking about it he said there were some estates, in the UK and Germany, that had had some issues with the “management” shooting bucks from the rear with shot guns to increase the number of Perruque heads.

To me they look an abomination in terms of a trophy.

Jerry

We had a thread about this very activity on here some time ago. In Victorian times and even later it was not uncommon for some estate owners to shoot them up the chimney sweep with a dose of shot, in the hope they would produce peruque heads for wealthy clients.

unsavoury , and not at all comfotable for the deer! reminds me of the Elephant man , poor bugger, in the equasion best out of it !
Trapper

Back