Masailand Tanzania

TZBFO5003.jpg

Game capture KZN South Africa

Untitled-18.jpg

Masailand Tanzania

TZSpotsBF2A.jpg

Okavango Botswana

BOTSWANAApril2006036crop.jpg

Hope that's whetted your appetites!!!!!!!!

Blimey Shakari, you have done a bit then! :eek: I didn't notice a muntjac amongst those photos though.... :confused: Bloody fierce creatures Muntjac you know! :eek: :lol:

Great photos mate thank you very much for sharing them with us! ;)

It's the funniest thing you've ever done! - Take a whole francolin and attach it to the rig with 3 of the largest treble hooks you can find. One through each wing root and one through the breast bone. Wait till the sun goes off the water and lob it into the drink so it hits the surface with as much noise as possible............. they come steaming in, and whoever gets there first, takes it. - Just let the line run till they get to an island of the other bank, and then they swallow it and swim off. Only then do you tighen the line and start fighting them. - Expect the fight to last at least 2 hours even with one of about 2 - 2.5 metres............ they go like crazy and are as dumb as a sack of spanners. Even if they get hooked and lost and you rebait and start again, they'll come straight back for another go!

You just gotta give it a try at least once in your life.

I've done an awful lot of hunting over they years, including multiples of all of the Big 5, I've photographed all of the Big 5 from so close I could touch them, I've done all kinds of weird ****, but flatdog fishing is right up there with the very best of memories. - I LOVE IT!

Well it certainly looks as if you had a whale of a time and when I get chance I'll try the croc fishing tips out :lol:

I can only second Grants earlier post and big well done mate

About the only place I get to do it is in Botswana and most years we go up there for about 2 months. I make a big point of taking 2 sets of tackle up there so I can always get the client interested as well............ :)

If any of you guys ever get across here, try to make a point of finding a few extra days so you can give it a try! - Let me know your coming and if I'm around I'll come with you AND I'll supply all the tackle!

Here's a couple more pics.......

newpics1094A.jpg

newpics1111a.jpg

shakari
that looks like one hell of a tom from botswana, how many cattle had that eaten to get that size?

Yup, nice cat huh.

I think it's my second biggest ever and the one with the 500 Jeffery sized hole in it's face wasn't much smaller. That cat looks smaller because the guy holding it is about 6 foot 6 and built like a brick shithouse.

That Botswana area seems to have more Leopards in it than any other area I've hunted. We put 3 baits up and in 24 hours we had 3 toms feeding on them and to cut a long story short, I was able to give the client the choice of three - the choice was of two that looked like they'd be good representatives of the species and we could take withing two or three days or this bigger one that would take us a week to before he got comfortable on the bait. - As it was, it took longer and I think we took this one on about day 13 of the 14 day hunt. I'm glad to say, the client, who is also a great friend and a great hunter, shot it absolutely dead right with the first shot............ those night time follow ups are never pleasant!

During the 8 weeks or so I huted that area last year, we had 3 occasions where we found Leopard kills that had happened only minutes before. When we followed and untangled the tracks, it looked like the Leopards had learned to use hunters to flush the game and then nail it as it went by. They ain't stupid huh?

The picture where Eddie, my tracker is holding the cat was in the Selous GR in Tanzania and I was lucky enough to be able to offer him a similar choice. - He took the other option and opted for the easier, but slightly smaller cat. It's still not a bad cat though and easily made the legal minimum.

FWIW, if any of you guys get the African Sporting Gazette over there, you'll fine a piece I've written in there about Leopard hunting.

This really isn't helping you know...I'm supposed to be saving for an upcoming build...and now you've got me a hankerin!

Yup, sometimes I feel like a drug dealer!

Hey look at it this way, house prices are dropping, so it's a bad time to build .................. and hunting prices are going up every year, so why not go before it gets any more expensive! :lol:

Ah, slipping anything past a member of the master race is always difficult! - I'm just trying to convince mine that it would be a good investment to buy another classic motorcycle (I've got my eye on a Laverda 1000 RGS) ............. but it ain't easy! - esp as she's just bought me a new laptop for my birthday!

Still, you could always bring her with you and I guarantee she'd have a great time!

Back