poacher

Hi Guys, My local paper "The Galloway News" Has in today’s edition a court report on a man from Newcastle named Brian Weddell of Ninth Row, aged 51 who has plead guilty of recklessly firing a rifle near Dalry, he plead guilty by letter after he appeared on 12 June this year.
He discharged the rifle near Corriedoo from the A702 road from Dalry to Edinburgh, shooting and killing a roe deer, when there was a man stalking nearby he also admitted shooting the deer without permission and failing to comply with the terms of his firearms licence.
He also admitted driving without "L" plates and without supervision or insurance.
Sentencing was deferred to October 28 for Wendell to make a personal appearance.

I was wondering if this is the case that was debated in June?

Dry Powder.

Barry Thom

Hes from ashington not Newcastle

Some scrotes murdered an old man with a hammer in the lane behind my elderly mothers house, literally ten yards from her back door. Some were under 16 at the time so obviously they can do no wrong, poor little darlings were probably from broken homes etc. The one or two that did face charges were advised by their lawer to make it clear that they were going to plead not guilty and may abscond. Therefore they were remanded. As they had not been convicted at this stage they were sent to a remand centre rather than a prison which is basically like a Travel lodge only you get fed and watered free and aren't forced to eat at the attatched Little Chef. When it came to court they pleaded guilty, got a short sentence which was then halved for some reason and, you guessed it.....walked free from court as they had already served the required sentence on remand!!

The scumbag lawyer got paid, the old man is still dead, his family are still heartbroken and my Mother is still intimidated.

So glad we live in the free world and have such a great judicial system.

JC

Some not all on here disagreed with mine and calmacs actions ie calling the police ,there was alot of speculation on the thread in june, we both new the facts but couldnt disclose to much as the police said to keep it quite,now that it has gone to court I hope the courts deal approprietly with this poacher,the vehicle had a passager at the time,on the day of the incident around 18:00 the poacher had the cheek to pass/ overtake us just past my lease and drive into his own ground to stalk, this is some 13 hours after he shot the deer on our ground.I was told months ago he didnt have a driving licence,who in there right mind would carry a firearm/ammunition ect and drive a vehicle eithout a licence, the vehicle involved didnt have L plates fitted.

Calmac is the man that confronted the poacher got the reg ect so well done to him,many thanks to the police officers involved.

Glad to see a result from this.
Everybody keep their eyes open for others of their ilk.
Just this week I had fly tippers on my patch at Riccarton. Some people are just the scum of the earth!
The police occasionally get it right but not often enough.

An Ashington lad....that explains it!!

Ive come across them in the past. Life is nothing to most of them so a firearms or driving license will mean even less

to appear for sentencing?? i wonder if he will be leaving through the back door to an awaiting big white taxi with lots of black windows!!....he may be staying in Scotland for a little longer than he wishes:rofl:

Removal of firearms and a ban would be sufficent.Deer controllers mostly shoot from their vehicles and plenty of keepers have clients shooting from there vehicles,prisons have to many in them,there will be more deer,whilst thugs get of with asault,mugging and rape etc,there was 30% deer fatalitys in the winter who will go to jail for that,prisons r for real criminals,the boy is young and hopefully will learn,i dont know the circumstances but i dont think its over the top,police dont regard poaching as a real crime,they have to deal with the report but im sure they would rather chase real criminals.hundreds of deer r killed on the road every week ?

We have a report in our local Saturday paper of 3 lurcher-men being caught poaching hares and rabbits.
They had killed 6 hares and one rabbit.
Fines were £100 , £150 and £125 plus £85 costs each also victim support charges of £15 per person, a grand total of £675 .
An expensive day out !

HWH.

Hi CBT. Dont know where highland got the young lad bit, it clearly stated he is 51 tears old, "If he aint learned yet!!!!".

Dry Powder.
Barry

:Dmy eyes r going,i thought he was a teenager,it just bugs me that muggers and thiefs etc get of wiyh so much in comparisons,and they get compensation and can sue u from prison,i have just checked he is 51 is that right ?he he

Hi CBT. Dont know where highland got the young lad bit, it clearly stated he is 51 tears old, "If he aint learned yet!!!!".

Dry Powder.
Barry

Barry

as they say mate
just because they where caught once may obviously mean that this may not be the first offence
at 51 thats a lot of water under the bridge. or deer in the pickup ???

f.

:,it just bugs me that muggers and thiefs etc get of wiyh so much in comparisons,and they get compensation and can sue u from prison,i have just checked he is 51 is that right ?he he

muggers and thief's as a rule are not first offenders and the courts are tired of seeing them and sometimes give them lenient sentences as nothing works.
if anyone wanted to spend a day in a county court and see what goes on you will be disgusted at what goes down as punishment.
i do believe alan he was in the fifty's bracket, that's not the age for you to take up the art of poaching at, seasoned is more like it.

f.

Hey lads its hard to take was he a poacher or a pot filler thats what needs to be sorted there is a big differnce and for me if he was a pot filler he should get off with it and be given his equipment back :D

Hey lads its hard to take was he a poacher or a pot filler thats what needs to be sorted there is a big differnce and for me if he was a pot filler he should get off with it and be given his equipment back :D
Don't really care what he is other than he has admitted his guilt and he is now a convicted criminal. Considering the bad press shooting gets we don't need someone like this retaining any form of FAC. What sort of impression would that give to all those who are anti guns or shooting and I bet they would use it against us. Can you imagine the headlines, "Man convicted of poaching, recless discharge and driving without a licence or insurance keeps licence". I can just imagine LACS saying we are all the same and trying to make us public enemy N01. Hopefully He'll loose the lot.

Rant over

ADE

Back