Thread: Fast .223's

Fast .223's

O.K!, which manufacturer makes the fastest twist in .223 Rem OFF THE SHELF!?....... up to now I hear Savage has the fastest, what do you lot know?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

tikka do a 1 in 8 twist. i think savage maybe do a 1 in 8 or could be a 1 in 7 but im not sure.

Colt makes a 1-7" but that's in their autoloader.~Muir

Tikka def do a 1-8 twist in the T3 varmint

Now that I have sourced a reliable .223 to take the place of my Tikka M595 .223, I can look to the possibilities of having the M595 action mated to a fast twist barrel, just have to decide by who & with what?.............. perhaps a good place to start would be Mike, at Brock & Norris maybe.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Now that I have sourced a reliable .223 to take the place of my Tikka M595 .223, I can look to the possibilities of having the M595 action mated to a fast twist barrel, just have to decide by who & with what?.............. perhaps a good place to start would be Mike, at Brock & Norris maybe.
    Border Barrels have been excellent every time for me, three rifles rebarreled and one of those recrowned, so far... However, they do seem to operate on "lawyer's timescales" for new barrels, but man do they ever shoot well, once you get one.

Established Poster
    They most certainly do do a 1-8 twist i used to have a sako 75 with it but yeh i agree with TAMUS rebarreling is the way foward especailly if you like and get on well with the rifle then why change it . Plus im intreaged to know exactly what and why you need that twist ?

I'm interested in shooting the heavy for calibre stuff such as the VLD's, I hear using a 6.5 twist that 90 grains is possible, maybe I'm just into experimenting?