How far do you travel

Sako 3006

As title, I live in South Wales and for all my stalking I have to travel at least 100 miles one way,as the deer in Wales are a bit thin on the ground, it means traveling across the English and Scotish borders,until lately I always used to book a morning and evening stalk,traveling to venue in the early hours far an am stalk have a kip in the car ready for the pm stalk then drive home and to be completely honest by the night I was completely nackered,now I still have a morning and evening stalk but travel up in day time ready for the pm stalk, stay the night in a local hostelry ready for the am stalk,drive home in day light and a lot more refreshed,it adds a bit of extra cost but I really don't see a better way,sorry if this story is a bit boring but I was just wondering how other people done it.

Same here Landy. Get out of Wales free then hammer down the English roads, evening session, excellent B&B, am and pm, back to the B&B, am and off. Pay to get back into Wales. Excellent value in every respect!

Nearest 3 mins across the valley,and farthest 30 mins. But,before you say it,I know I am very lucky.

Martin

we go as far as swindon and many places inbetween...lol...but always nice to get back to gods country

did some stalking in blackdown mountains but now scotland leave thursday either b/b or camp back sunday night nackered but can not be beaten when your there

10 miles for me, went to check the land last week only got 10o acres next to a big wood, but on one field was 12 deer, just one buck but no safe shot so another day for him.......soon be November :drool:

Half an hour, or twenty miles whichever you prefer as a measurement. Fallow stepping on each others backs when I get there so worth the drive. I have driven, and even flown further for my sport, but it's always worth it.

Mark.

i have a 120 acre site that yeilds 6/8 deer a year 7 miles from my house only one this year but thats my choice
65 miles away i have 300 acres where i have counted 12 roe does never shot one on it yet
have syndicate place 130 miles away which yields 7/10 a year on 5 at the moment not back now till does but freezer full so it will be late nov
have 3000 acres 75 miles away with some deer on it shot none yet as i cant get near his foxes and that was the deal foxes for deer.... their days coming ha ha

50yds across the road from me,furthest i have to go to my own ground about 12 miles,i know i'm extremely lucky to have stalking so close to home.
Neil.

I am very lucky it takes me 3min,s from my house, and have approx 2000 acres,
and 700 acres of that is ALL Deer fenced in.
I can also watch the Geese flying over my house onto my shooting ground.

I have waited along time for it to happen but i am very pleased it's worked out like it has :D

5mins if i walk or 2 mins if i take the car. 20 mins to get my rifle, ammo and the rest of my crap together and sneak out the house with out the wife catching me first:doh:.
bob.

The permissions vary between 4 and a half and 6 hours away. All in Scotland, but worth the travel as I love the place and plan on retiring there. It's a bit of effort but I can stalk reds, roe and sika whenever I want (seasons permitting) so well worth it. I am planning on stalking in England more in the future though.

593 miles door to door (11 hours) for the stalking directory week in Scotland. In the past it has generally been between 50 and 80 miles and usually involved a 90 minute drive.

I have a few permissions and they are 10 mins, 15 mins, 25 mins, 1hr 45 mins, and 3 hrs 30 mins away.

I stalk in my own area i do a lot of deer management and for me you need to be on the ground to do that. The longest i need to travel to my own ground is 20 mins away. But i did head up north to jons (stalking directory) area this weekend for a days stalking and must say the views were special.

Back