how not to cross a burn !

Backing up my pc this evening and found this. Made me smile tonight, I don't remember smiling much at the time

I set off in the dark to try and get above the hinds coming back to the wood, I never even managed to chamber a round. I spent 3 hours trying to get out of this burn. Credit to the bike it was submerged a few times and after taking out the spark plug and spinning it on the starter.............it started and got me back to road.

Still haven't got the winch I said I would, but I also haven't been stuck like it since.

Attachments

• Quad wash.JPG
    Quad wash.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 326
I forgot to write that the pic was taken 150 yards downstream from the where I initially got stuck. It was another 40 yards and another complete submersion before it reached a bit I could get out. I had to keep pushing it back in to allow it to float/sink it's way downstream. Yes it was cold. Glad I always have apare socks and trousers in the Landy during winter.

Winches are for wusses :oops:

Neil. :)

Image0071.jpg

oh how i know the feeling only mines ended up on top of me!!!no damage to the bike(or me) but it was a night mare trying to get it out myself tho it did start once it had sat for a while

Just looked at the top pic again, is it just my eyes, or is the engine on the missing list :confused:

Neil. :)

Back