Thread: Result from Cheshire!

Result from Cheshire!

I've had my FAC for about a year and have been finding it hard to get a difinitive answer out of them as to how to get my supervision condition removed. They allowed me to roam free with my .17 HMR (because the same rules for muzzle awareness and backstops etc. don't apply to rimfires ) but only on rabbits and neither calibers were considered appropriate for fox.

I completed my DSC L1, got a range safety certificate, testimonials from stalkers and refrained from mentioning home office guidelines but nothing seemed good enough. They eventually told me to provide evidence and a covering letter from a stalker showing I had successfully followed 3 stalks through from field to larder.

'HAH' *put phone down*. Then I called a member of the BDS who took my DSC1, really nice guy who I knew would want to help me out... roughly a month later (yesterday) FAC came back: .243 unsupervised and they even took the liberty of allowing 'vermin' for the .17 HMR as opposed to 'rabbits' and fox for the .243!

Chuffed.
    Perthshire syndicate here I come.

Alex

Yeah!, that's about the size of it here in Cheshire,......just got through the N'TH switchback of paperwork with them, I carried out the usual read through expecting to find stuff on it that shouldn't or should be there, OOOHH! look you! a complete set of conditions as they should be,FINALLY, .......OH BUGGER! look at the new shotgun cert............. it's invalid, no signature from chief officer. so off it goes again.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Cheshire - Its like doing a lucky dip, you just never know what you are going to get!

Quote Originally Posted by AJWH View Post
    FAC came back: .243 unsupervised and they even took the liberty of allowing 'vermin' for the .17 HMR as opposed to 'rabbits' and fox for the .243!
    Just be careful as from my previous experience Cheshire Police don't class foxes as vermin...

3 stalks from field to larder?... wow, that's manipulation of the guidlines taken to another level
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    3 stalks from field to larder?... wow, that's manipulation of the guidlines taken to another level
    Yep, they can't help but address all those firearms 'public safety' issues that occur en-route to the larder can they!

All of this kind of regional crap needs to be addressed before the HO get anywhere near providing justification for fees increases.

I say lets have a national police force, look at the savings, one uniform, one set of car stickers, one set of everything, one chief plod, one set of rules, a couple of area commanders, one rule book, THEY COULD USE THE ONE RULE BOOK THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE NOW!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I agree with Finnbear270, standards between 44 forces or so vary so much without really any need, Hampshire Police where I live have been excellent to be fair very sensible outlook on certificate holders it seems. I am in the plod and would welcome such a national police force it would save millions, same standards, but there would be a lot of senior officers out of nice well paid jobs!!

Quote Originally Posted by bod1st View Post
    I agree with Finnbear270, standards between 44 forces or so vary so much without really any need, Hampshire Police where I live have been excellent to be fair very sensible outlook on certificate holders it seems. I am in the plod and would welcome such a national police force it would save millions, same standards, but there would be a lot of senior officers out of nice well paid jobs!!

I concur