Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Boar

No Boar

I have booked a nights boar shooting in southwest Scotland and have applied to Staffordshire Police for boar to added to my fac. I have sent proof of booking to them but they still refuse to add boar as there are none in southwest scotland. They know this for certain as Dunfrees and Galoway police have told them.
    I told them to add boar anyway and if there are none there i won't shoot them.
    Surely a little common sense from them would'nt go amiss.

atb
    rem

Can't you get them to add "Any other legal quarry"?
    Last edited by MJ75; 16-10-2010 at 14:08.

Arseholes...if this is on Colins ground, then there certainly ARE boar there! I know 'cos I saw them in February!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Can't you get them to add "Any other legal quarry"?
    I have been trying to get any other legal quarry for nearly a year now. They appear to be just stupid or power crazy.

Deako
    It is on Colins ground but Staffs police know more about our sport than we do.

If you are a BASC member, I would definately give them a bell and ask to speak to Mike Eveleigh in the Firearms dept.

I'm sure he would make a 'polite' phone call on your behalf to get this stupid situation resolved. Hope you get it all sorted and have a good time on the boar.

I think most authorities have stop issueing ' any other legal quarry' now, i know glouscestershire have.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    If you are a BASC member, I would definately give them a bell and ask to speak to Mike Eveleigh in the Firearms dept.

I'm sure he would make a 'polite' phone call on your behalf to get this stupid situation resolved. Hope you get it all sorted and have a good time on the boar.
    I am a member of BASC until the end of the year when i will be an ex member. They have managed to do a total of sod all for me over any other legal quarry and shooting vermin with larger cals. They appear to very lack lustrone they have your money. I have joined sacs and am awaiting a reply from them.
    The nice lady at Staffs firearms is now on holiday untill thursday so i am not holding my breath for the return of my fac for next weekend when i should be going. The most annoying thing about this is that when i asked 6 months ago for wild boar to added so that i could take advantage of invitations or bookings at short notice they refused saying that when i proved a booking or invitation they would turn my ticket round by return of post. We all know they lie like a cheap chinese watch though.
    Would it be advisable to go anyway no matter what happens with my ticket?

atb
    rem

Yes mate, I would still go...Colin has a .270 with night scope that you can use.

As for BASC, try sending a PM to 'David BASC' on this very site, he is a most helpful bloke. Have fun.

I had a similar problem a few years ago with North Wales Police. It's very annoying when all you are doing is adding a legitimate quarry species to a weapon already held rather than requesting a new weapon. What was really stupid was that they refused the variation on the rifle but gave me another 100 rounds of .270 ammo so that I could hold some 180grn for boar!!!!

In the end I used the estate rifle.

Remington65&
    D & G Firearms Dept classify boar as vermin. If you have vermin on your FAC problem solved. I have an email from the head of the Firearms Dept confirming this. If your local FEO would like proof that we have boar in D&G I can send him the photo's. Lets just hope in the anticipated cuts people like this are the first to go.

Good luck on your trip.