Thread: Think ive found my optimum load!!!

Think ive found my optimum load!!!

Made quite a few rounds over the past few weeks and not had chance to get out and test them. So here are a couple of pics of the targets from todays session.

Bulllet info:

Rifle: Remmy Model 7 stain less 20inch barrel
    Scope: Busnell Elite 6500 4.5 x 30
    Mod: Pes large muzzle can
    Calibre: 22.250
    Case: Privi
    Primer:Federal gold
    Tip: 50 grain Sierra Blitzking
    Powder:35grains of Hedgedon Benchmark
    OAL: 20 thou off the lands OAL 2.48 inches
    Wind: 5-10 mph right to left at 45 degrees

For the 100 yards zero, mark 1 was forst 2 rounds, adjusted to 1 inch high and got the 2nd 2
    At 200 yards got 2 nice and close to each other but must have pulled the last. (Thats a 10p by the way)

Nioce and flat out to 200 yards. No excuses now!!!

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 17-10-2010 at 08:10.

How did you stick the 10p on?

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    How did you stick the 10p on?
    Ha ha, very good.

have you tryed varget buddy ? ive tryed bencmark and couldnt get on with it in my 22/250. went to varget and the groups where much better. blizkings are good bullets though
    they seam to shoot very well in my 22/250 and are more consistant to ogive or bullet tip then the vmax bullets.

what primers you using steve. and do you do 3 round shots to test yuor loads. i use to but was told to do 5 rounds instead.

i do now and think its much better. you get a better understanding what your loads and rifle are doing. giv eit a try mate
    Last edited by jay 22; 16-10-2010 at 23:14.

[QUOTE=jay 22;144729]have you tryed varget buddy ? ive tryed bencmark and couldnt get on with it in my 22/250. went to varget and the groups where much better. blizkings are good bullets though
    they seam to shoot very well in my 22/250 and are more consistant to ogive or bullet tip then the vmax bullets.

what primers you using steve. and do you do 3 round shots to test yuor loads. i use to but was told to do 5 rounds instead.

i do now and think its much better. you get a better understanding what your loads and rifle are doing. giv eit a try mate[/QUOTE

Agree 5 shot gro
    ups are better. I had fired about 30 rounds before recording the attached. Problem was I had the targets on an old dead tree(with a good back drop),the bark kept breaking behind and splitting the paper so could only manage 3 shots before it would split, can see one has been taped back together . I've had 2 tubs of Benchmark now because it was taking too long to get Varget, the rounds I made before worked well and these seem to be ok so think its ok in my gun. Local shop now has Varget in(one I ordered 4 months ago) so may give it a go. Out of interest what method do you use to control the kick of the 22.250? Its pretty wild in mine because the rifle is quite light even with the big mod on the end!! Primers Federal gold.
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 17-10-2010 at 11:02.

my rifle is heavy mate so the recoil isnt to bad at all. sight picture still lifts abit though. have you got amod on the end that makes a hell of a difference.
    also where are you shooting off. i shoot on a bipod but on a homemade bench with a bag at the back.

that is the only way imo to get a really true reading from your loads. next time you try some foul the barrel up with 5 rounds then go out the tested reloads