Thread: Give Credit Where it's due.

Give Credit Where it's due.

As many of you will know I am currently organising a get together and friendly shoot for members of this site and their guests at Monmouth on the 31st of October. Early on in the planning it was decided that range fees and any monies raised on the day would be donated to Help for Heroes. People started contacting me offering donations and prizes and quite frankly I have been amazed at the generosity of people and companies who approached me, I haven’t gone begging to anyone.

Credit must be given where it’s due, Sean (a member of this site) and his manager Mike Evans at the Sportsman in Newport have been extremely generous providing assistance and both targets and prizes for the stalking test that will be run on the day. I sincerely hope that the members of this site recognise the Sportsman’s generosity by future patronage of this company.

Another early gift bearer was James from Jager Sporting Arms who has very kindly offered to put up a prize of a Duracoat coating job on a rifle. I don’t know what the cost of such a treatment would normally be but I know that this is certainly another very generous offer. Once again I hope that members of this site return the compliment with their custom.

We then had Alex or CSI as we usually know him, an administrator on this site who put up a superb trophy for the day that can only be won by a member of this site. What I intend to do if Alex is in agreement, is to ask him to award this trophy to the site member with the highest overall score after shooting the three classes on the day i.e. rimfire, small rifle and large rifle.
    Hopefully this meet will become an annual event and the trophy will be returned by the winner and shot for next year. Guests will not be able to win this trophy but they will be able to see what a terrific site this is with a fantastic membership and will be encouraged to log on and sign up for the future.

The members of Monmouth rifle club who are hosting the event have also come on board with Gordon Robbie and Tim Warmington-Gardner offering to arrange a hog roast for the day. Gordon has even donated the pig. Tim I can tell you really knows how to cook this to perfection as I have experienced his hog roasts previously. Obviously there will be a charge but once again proceeds will be to H4H. Gordon’s generosity hasn’t stopped there as he has also offered to donate the rental from his holiday let cottage to the fund if anyone from the shoot stops there that weekend.

I have simply been overwhelmed by the help and assistance offered, and the genuine good will displayed by people who have all approached me. I’ve been shooting in one form or another for a considerable number of years and have been fortunate in meeting and mixing with a considerable number of genuinely nice sincere people in that time. Like most sports or hobbies there will be the odd plonker but generally there have been very few of these. This whole experience has just confirmed my faith in human nature, and I just hope that we can make this get together work. Now all we need is some decent weather and willingness from those taking part to not take it too serious and to simply enjoy the day.

Good on all those who have helped, not forgetting that without 8x57 this would not be happening at all. Good on you too mate! Looking forward to meeting you on the 31st.

Mark.

Thank you mike hope to see you on the 31st.
    ATB SEAN

Well done everyone, I must have been asleep Mick I didnt realise you were that heavily involved with all of this, but good for you. Its a very worthwhile cause H4H and I would like to give 2 outings in Sussex for Fallow and or Roe for free to the cause. Unfortunatly I cant be there, although I would have loved to make it but its not possible, but I wish you and everyone a great day and I am sure it will be a great success.

ATB

Sikamalc

well done lads...

Great cause and heres to a great day

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Malc that is an extremely generous offer, I know you have been extremly supportive of H4H in the past and are continuing to do so. It would be foolish of us not too accept this prize I just have to work out now how best to market it - probably we would incorporate it as a raffle prize which will help increase the donation to H4H if you are in agreement
    It looks as if it is going to be a successful day as long as the weather holds out and we can sort out a few other snags.
    Once again this is an offer of assistance out of the blue, totally unsolicited and greatly appreciated THANK YOU most sincerely

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Malc that is an extremely generous offer, I know you have been extremly supportive of H4H in the past and are continuing to do so. It would be foolish of us not too accept this prize I just have to work out now how best to market it - probably we would incorporate it as a raffle prize which will help increase the donation to H4H if you are in agreement
    It looks as if it is going to be a successful day as long as the weather holds out and we can sort out a few other snags.
    Once again this is an offer of assistance out of the blue, totally unsolicited and greatly appreciated THANK YOU most sincerely

Fine with me, however you want to play it. Just let me know who the winner is and contact details after the draw. Best wishes to everyone.

Sikamalc