Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready to shoot .243 stalking set up

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Ready to shoot .243 stalking set up

SALE NOW COMPLETED.

1, Steyr Pro hunter MKII 20" .243. 1/2" unf factory threaded,LESS THAN 250 ROUNDS FIRED SINCE NEW (1 OWNER THAT WOULD BE ME)

2, tasco titan 3/12x52 30MM tubed WITH 4a ret.

3. Ase Northstar Moderator (painted black by me, with heat resistant paint) or a JET Z compact, choice is yours.

4, set of 30mm rings and weaver bases.

5, 100 once fired cases, there are more than 100 so if you have the whole lot then you can have all the brass.

6, Redding 3 die set boxed and like new.

7, hard cary case.

The rifle has seen less than 250 rounds down range and is in very very good condition,the rifle shoots better than me and has never let me down, the moderator is removed after ever shoot barrel cleaned and its kept in a heated cabinet.

the stock on the steyr has a small mark at the rear where i layed it up against a hot pipe but this does not effect the rifle or its performance,

i am looking at 1150 cash on collection or +30 shipping to your rfd.

if you do not want the scope/rings the sale price is just 1000 cash.+30 shipping.

photos to come in a bit,

thanks

bob.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7561/steyr001.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/276/steyr002.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6764/steyr004.jpg
    Last edited by bobjs; 20-11-2010 at 15:02.

Blog Entries
    sale on hold.
    thank you
    bob.

Blog Entries
    Sale not yet agreed so still here,

bob.

Blog Entries
    back to the top as i fancy a change.

rifle on its own 725 cash on collection or +30 rfd costs.

rifle and mod If needed 875 cash on collection or + 30 rfd costs

thank you

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 12-11-2010 at 14:28.

Blog Entries
    still looking for a buyer.

cheers

bob.

Blog Entries
    due to a lack of interest in this item i think i should close the sale down.

so its goodbye to the 6mmbr.

Yawn
    Last edited by dieseldan; 22-11-2010 at 12:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    This might have something to do with it:

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...EDFIELD+COMBO/

Why buy used ????
    rifle sold as normal.

why buy new

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    This might have something to do with it:

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...EDFIELD+COMBO/

Why buy used ????
    Ahhh a very good question and if it was from a decent dealer one that would be hard to answer but as you chose The Sportsman it's easy.

1) Chances are that they don't have any in stock and will try to sell you something else which they are makign more mark up on. yes I phoned them after a particular rifle only to get told " you don't want one of those what you really want is one of these"

2) If by chance they do have what they claim to be new in stock it's likely yo look very second hand as happened to the very annoyed gentleman whom I bumped into in F. A. Anderson in East Grinstead. He had phoned The Sportsman got them to check they had the new rifle he was after and describe it then drove all the was from Sussex to their shop to be shown a rifle that looked like it had been dragged down a gravel track behind a Landrover. of course it was the onlt one they had. This is not the first intance I have heard of this and in fact our rifle club sufferd this when two of the commotte drove down to buy and pick up a rifel for the club and they too were shown a badly scared rifle as NEW. needless to say they didn't buy. He did buy a new rifle from Andersons whilst I was there.

3) Having brought from them mail order and having to return everything as faulty except a couple of books

4) They certainly are not doing us any favors if they have an "offer" on then you cna be sure they have brought up old stock or got something in from another source and you will find often it has no warrenty as it's not come through official importers.

So you'll excuse me if I avoid dealing with them big and fancy adverts don't make a good shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Ahhh a very good question and if it was from a decent dealer one that would be hard to answer but as you chose The Sportsman it's easy. 1) Chances are that they don't have any in stock and will try to sell you something else which they are makign more mark up on. yes I phoned them after a particular rifle only to get told " you don't want one of those what you really want is one of these" 2) If by chance they do have what they claim to be new in stock it's likely yo look very second hand as happened to the very annoyed gentleman whom I bumped into in F. A. Anderson in East Grinstead. He had phoned The Sportsman got them to check they had the new rifle he was after and describe it then drove all the was from Sussex to their shop to be shown a rifle that looked like it had been dragged down a gravel track behind a Landrover. of course it was the onlt one they had. This is not the first intance I have heard of this and in fact our rifle club sufferd this when two of the commotte drove down to buy and pick up a rifel for the club and they too were shown a badly scared rifle as NEW. needless to say they didn't buy. He did buy a new rifle from Andersons whilst I was there. 3) Having brought from them mail order and having to return everything as faulty except a couple of books 4) They certainly are not doing us any favors if they haveanCOLOR=magenta]"offer" on then you cna be sure they have brought up old stock or got something in from another source and you will find often it has no warrenty as it's not come through official importers. [/COLOR]So you'll excuse me if I avoid dealing with them big and fancy adverts don't make a good shop.
    WOW ! you really have had some bad luck. I have used the Sportsman for several years now from the days long before they opened in Dorchester/Evershot and never had a problem worth mentioning.
    I have had quite a few rifles from them, Loading equipment, Stalking gear and clothing and all has been as advertised and, until recently, quite well discounted.
    My most recent purchase from them was a pair of the latest Swaro Binos and a High seat, both as advertised and with a small discount, enough to make me decide to get them from them rather than anybody else!!