Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jayb

Jayb

Went up to Johns for a wee stalk saw quite a few deer and had a real laugh jons wife made us a fab dinner and the BB chalet was well kitted out.So most people want cheap stalking so i will now tell how much it cost. I arrived friday went out for a look at the ground for an hour or so. Then went back to the BB got my kit ready was out on the ground for 3 pm and stalking saw a few sika from a high seat. Back to BB after dark up at 7 and was again driven by John to ground dropped of on boundray stalked for 4 hours then called it a day one sika down and the cost to my self was 85 and that included the deer.

JON WOUNDERING IF HE NEEDS TO BRING THE QUAD HA HA

The trophy picture.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Well done.

Nice Sika Stag

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

ha ha ,

told you so.

who shot it and where.

well done

f.

A cracker! He's a great host isn't he. Pleased to see a good beast on the ground - there are plenty of them up there. Where there plenty of them whistling away up there?

Thats very kind of you boys. Dave there is next to no whistling going on in there, the reds are almost non stop all over the place. That particular stag had certainly not been at it at all, he was very clean with a particularly symmetrical head, it's only a phone photo but it gives you an idea

Frank all I can say is you know that high seat you sat up, well you were a week or so too early , forgot to mention there were two of these that popped out at the same time.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hey JAYB, I've heard nothing much as well over at Lairg appart from reds. Last year to the day there was a good frost on the ground and the Sika were giving it large. I got one that day but this year it's like it hasn't really kicked off yet. Do you think it just needs a bit of cold and a good frost?

Nice Stag, Seb and myself remember the high seat and ground well, We came across plenty fo deer back in April and we had a feeling it would produce. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Hey JAYB, I've heard nothing much as well over at Lairg appart from reds. Last year to the day there was a good frost on the ground and the Sika were giving it large. I got one that day but this year it's like it hasn't really kicked off yet. Do you think it just needs a bit of cold and a good frost?
    Two weeks ago on the SD week, we had two days of high winds and it was as if it swept the hills bare then on the third day the wind and temperature dropped and that seemed to kick start them a bit. Although where we were then is higher than my ground and a degree or two colder and there was plenty of whistling. Even then though it was pretty quiet on my bit. There is wintry showers with a cold North wind forecast for tomorrow that might do it or get them started at least, but there is only days left now for the stags. At least they might shift the hinds about a bit.

Lairg is a bit higher than me, or are you nearer the Shinness end.

John

Just out of Lairg about 5 miles worth north on the Tongue road. Last year was buzzing but this year just hasn't happened so far. The reds are still working there way down off the hills. I've only seen a handfull of sika stags but only one out in open with hinds and he was running them up the hill like a bunch of crazy park dog. Oh well nearly hinds which means the ground will be covered in stags

I know where you are I think, river on the left next stop the Crask Inn.

Stags should all be down nicely by the time the hind season opens . Never mind the hinds taste much nicer.

John