Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumix cameras.

Lumix cameras.

Anyone got one?
    How do you rate them?
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Hello Basil, I got a Panasonic Lumix 12.1 mp camera about a month ago. I haven`t got any complaints with it up to now, it takes great photos and video. I did have a fuji finepix but never took it out with me as it was too big, so decided to get the Lumix compact, now i take it all the time. I just put it in it`s pouch and onto my belt and away i go. Before i bought it i read write ups and they did get good reports.

Hope this helps

wadas

Not a man of words me

Quote Originally Posted by wadashot View Post
    Hello Basil, I got a Panasonic Lumix 12.1 mp camera about a month ago. I haven`t got any complaints with it up to now, it takes great photos and video. I did have a fuji finepix but never took it out with me as it was too big, so decided to get the Lumix compact, now i take it all the time. I just put it in it`s pouch and onto my belt and away i go. Before i bought it i read write ups and they did get good reports.

Hope this helps

wadas
    Thanks Wadas. Which Fuji finepix did you have before?
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I've had a couple of th elumix cameras for work - just progress photos really. I have found them to be very good for my point and shoot type of photography - if I can call it that. I've not tried the video function but for the money I think they're likely to take some beating.

6pointer - lovely photo, who needs words eh?

DC

I have a very neat if now rather elderly Leica digital camera. I wouldn't have it but for its having been part of an attractive offer involving a pair of binoculars, since my understanding was that Panasonic and Leica digital cameras are essentially the same thing differently labelled, both having Leica lenses and Panasonic electronics.

Of the two, of course, Panasonic seems by far the better value for money.

I use a Lumix DMC-FZ18 for most of my photography now.
    This model has an 18X optical zoom lense which is equal to 28-504mm on a 35mm film camera.
    It has `image stabiliser` , macro facility and internal technology for editing pictures.
    You can select between manual or auto mode but for `grab shots` on wildlife the auto or `idiot mode`is first class.

Mine will be an out-dated model now no doubt !
    How I wish I had one of these 50 years ago, small, light and using cheap SD cards.

HWH.

Bought the LZ6 6 months ago - chose this model as it had excellent reviews in the photography press. Very impressed with it and now use it more than my Nikon DSLR. The LZ7 was the same but with HD video and mucho more expensive.

Panasonic have now upgraded to model - LZ10 but not had any dealings with this one.

Peter

I bought one for my mum for mothers day. It's a small compact jobby. It seemed more intuitive so easier to use than all of the others I looked at, just leave it in intelligent auto and turn it on, take a picture. Picture quality is very good too.
    She's been very happy with it.