Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steyr prohunter mountain MII feeding poblems

steyr prohunter mountain MII feeding poblems

i have the above rifle in 223 from new. I am experiencing major problems when cycling rounds into the chamber from the mag. I have had some problems from day one but never thought too much about it as i dont fire alot of rounds from the rifle on the range, i use it extensively for foxing. On the range on saturday the issue really became apparent with factory ammo and also reloads. the rounds dont feed consistantly into the chamber and this normally results in a round loose on top of the mag that wont feed, i drop the mag and loose round out and retry.

The guy running the range said that he had the exact same problem and the sportsman replaced the mag for him as it is a known problem with the rifle. Has anyone else ran into a similar problem and how was it rectified. I wouldnt want to send off the mag ahead of getting a replacement mag as i use it a couple of times a week for lamping but if this is the only way to resolve the issue then i will.

thanks
    keith

On mine (223) I found i had to draw the bolt right back to the limit of it's travel, any less and it wouldn't feed the round out the mag. As long as I did that it cycled fine though.

I will check that later, thanks

Keith, I know exactly what is wrong with your rifle. If you look on the side of the action somewhere it will say 'Mannlicher' where it should read 'Sako'. Sorry, couldn't resist! JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Keith, I know exactly what is wrong with your rifle. If you look on the side of the action somewhere it will say 'Mannlicher' where it should read 'Sako'. Sorry, couldn't resist! JC
    JC, that is just plain nasty....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I had the same problem with my pro hunter mountain in 223. Went back to supplier and got a replacement magazine and the problem was sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Jc glad you are not a surgeon. I can just imagine it ,"The problem with that lump on your knob is you are a man, if you were a woman you would not have the lump." only joking , I will give the sportsman a call and see if I can get a replacement mag.

Keith

Old post but lets put it too bed.

Factory ammo probably means cheap PPU'S.

Build up of carbon under the extractor lip.

Sorted. Night night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Old post but lets put it too bed.

Factory ammo probably means cheap PPU'S.

Build up of carbon under the extractor lip.

Sorted. Night night.
    You must be really bored to post solutions to seven year old threads.~Muir
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
    liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

In the mountains here in winter during storms the second hand on the clock moves very slowly.

But critiquing my post on a 7 year old thread is way worse! Lol

You must live in the mountains too.