Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drying cases

drying cases

To all you users of ultrasonic cleaners,

How do you dry your cases once they come out of the cleaner. I have a batch of .223 and .270 cases that came out of the cleaner last night and have been standind mouth down on kitchen paper all night. i just checked on them tonight as i was going to prime them but many of them still have visable cater in them. How can you be sure they have dried out fully?
    Ezzy

I stick mine in the oven.. on low obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    I stick mine in the oven.. on low obviously!
    I was about to ask about oven drying. What is a safe temperature to go to?

Ezzy

I have taken a reloading block and got it drilled full of holes. I stand the cases in the reloading block neck down and leave them in the airing cupboard overnight. Water can drip down and air can circulate up through the cases.

Rgds JCS

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I was about to ask about oven drying. What is a safe temperature to go to?
    Well i stick mine at 80 - 100 degrees ish and have noticed no problems..Theyre not in there for hours, just enough to get them hot then the water evapourates

I pop mine in the tumbler .

Cheers i have just put a dose through the ultrasonic cleaner so I ill try that out as drying with the wife's hair dryer is taking for ever!

i have done the same as JCS but i leave mine on a radiator for a couple of hours , while its on of course.

80 degrees in the oven for me, about 15 minutes seems to do the job.

Neil.

Ezzy I'll try again, the computer just shut down on me to do 3 updates when I was halfway through replying to the thread, I use a piece of 4mm ply drilled with 20- 3mm holes then hammer 4mm nails that are 10mm longer than cases through the ply, one nice drying rack, before putting cases through cleaner I turn oven on to gas mk 3 for 15 mins so that after you've washed and rinsed cases put them on to the rack turn off gas put rack into oven on top shelf and leave them to warm through and dry then to cool down, this usually takes about 15/20 mins.....callie