Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: What's wrong with me?

  1. #1

    What's wrong with me?

    Spent a couple of days in the Highlands this past weekend, could have shot around 10 red stags, including two nice 8-pointers, but never pulled the trigger as I didn't feel it was 'necessary' to do so

    Is there a clinical term for this or do I just need to slap myself very hard out of it.

  2. #2
    Ah there is a term for it it's called hard work ,it only starts after you've pulled the trigger ,it gets in the way of many people pulling the trigger on Reds .

  3. #3
    Don't make you a bad person but i think you might need to give yourself a good talking to and if that don't work take me with you next time i'll shoot them for you.
    Neil.

  4. #4
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Spent a couple of days in the Highlands this past weekend, could have shot around 10 red stags, including two nice 8-pointers, but never pulled the trigger as I didn't feel it was 'necessary' to do so

    Is there a clinical term for this or do I just need to slap myself very hard out of it.
    What do you think?

  5. #5
    thats why your a deer stalker rather than a deer hunter have done the same thing bud walk away there is always another day now foxes i kill em all on sight but deer have that somthing enjoy the deer enjoy the hill but most off all respect what you shoot at

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    thats why your a deer stalker rather than a deer hunter have done the same thing bud walk away there is always another day now foxes i kill em all on sight but deer have that somthing enjoy the deer enjoy the hill but most off all respect what you shoot at
    Wraith: One small thing so when do you go about the task of reducing the deer numbers, if you keep walking away is it when the deer numbers have grown so much there is no winter feeding and there starving ,(that's when you'll require the foxes to clean up what you should have done in the first place ) or when you loose the permission to shoot/stalk the area because you not meeting up with the reduction in deer numbers.

    Deer numbers have to be reduced by people ,if it's there and I'm in the safe position to shoot and remove it,it's in the chill that night ,there's always someone else will shoot it if I don't.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Ah there is a term for it it's called hard work ,it only starts after you've pulled the trigger ,it gets in the way of many people pulling the trigger on Reds .
    I agree with you on this one :-) But not just reds: I had a big sika stag with the cross hairs on his shoulder for probably nearly five minutes just over a week ago but he was in the middle of clear fell and I was on my own and... If I'd shot him he would have run, by the time I'd found him it would have been pitch black, then I'd discover he weighed half as much again as I do and my troubles would only just be starting.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Your on the wrong site mate try www.bunnyhuggers.co.uk or try www.antihuntfeeling.com

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Your on the wrong site mate try www.bunnyhuggers.co.uk or try www.antihuntfeeling.com

    Now that is funny.

    But seriously you need to take someone with you who would just love that opportunity, or maybe you are just trying to make those of us jealous who have only shoot Munties while staking and only bigger species (Fallow and Roe) from a high seat.

    Cheers + ATVB

    Philip
    Last edited by Lightyear; 19-10-2010 at 15:59.

Similar Threads

  1. Well I don't think he did anything wrong,
    By Thar in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 22-07-2010, 23:11
  2. When it all goes wrong
    By WAYNE DAVIES in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 14-06-2010, 07:56
  3. Wrong Number
    By farquarson in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 16:53
  4. Got it wrong again
    By monynut in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-08-2009, 21:00
  5. So Wrong
    By kernel gadaffi in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2009, 19:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •