Thread: A.G.H.E Approved Game Handling Establishment

A.G.H.E Approved Game Handling Establishment

Hi folks,

I'm looking into setting up an A.G.H.E in the Monmouth area.

This would be done in a way that would allow other stalkers to use the facility to hang their deer carcases for an annual fee or on an individual carcase basis. Alternatively I could just purchase the carcase at the going game dealers rate for small amounts or at a guaranteed price for larger quantities which would be set at the beginning of the season.

Also looking to include a room for butchering etc. which would also be available.

Have done all the background work and found what is available and now just need to find who would be interested in this facility.

All carcases to be accompanied by pluck and relevant log book would have to be completed with no gaps.

E.F

That sounds like a great idea mate. Sounds like a bit of a minefield with 'multiple' users though. Might be worth discussing with the council if you haven't already. You might need to be strict on access, opening hours and cleaning!
    Out of curiosity, why would you insist on the pluck for all carcasses? You would only need it for ones that aren't tagged with a trained persons declaration. (You'd need the head too!). If they just want to store them to butcher for own use it wouldn't be necessary either, which I suspect might be the gap in the market you will be suited to. Just more crap for you to get rid of in the long run!
    Good Luck!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    That sounds like a great idea mate. Sounds like a bit of a minefield with 'multiple' users though. Might be worth discussing with the council if you haven't already. You might need to be strict on access, opening hours and cleaning!
    Out of curiosity, why would you insist on the pluck for all carcasses? You would only need it for ones that aren't tagged with a trained persons declaration. (You'd need the head too!). If they just want to store them to butcher for own use it wouldn't be necessary either, which I suspect might be the gap in the market you will be suited to. Just more crap for you to get rid of in the long run!
    Good Luck!
    MS
    High MS,

I missed a little bit off the post as it should have been, pluck required if not trained hunter to sign off carcase. Also if the individual was taking carcase away after chilling then they would be expected to take pluck and head with them or pay for disposal. As I say, this is purely to find out what interest is shown and if it would be plausible to set up the A.G.H.E
    The chiller would be run like a cooperative with members having their own registered key and would be strictly run to follow all H.A.C.C.A.P rules and procedures with a full procedure to follow at the establishment and a log to complete and sign off. May sound a bit over the top but I want to make sure everything is correct when we get a visit from F.S.A
    Lot more to look at yet but nearly there.
    EF

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    High MS,

Also if the individual was taking carcase away after chilling then they would be expected to take pluck and head with them or pay for disposal.
    EF
    If they are taking it away after chilling, you wouldn't need it in the first place!

However, this is another area you should look into. One of the biggest problems that a 'busy' recreational stalker has, is where to get rid of the waste legally. If you could offer a waste disposal service too you could be onto a winner! A small charge per bag or kilo would be acceptable to most I'm sure.
    Just a thought?
    MS