Reloading scales what everyone using

beno

Just got all my reloading equipment and have started to reload I've been using the lee safety scales and I am not that impressed with them. I've been looking about and I was thinking of getting RCBS Rangemaster 750 Electronic Powder scale from opticswarehouse its down to £109 pound seams like a great deal or should I get the charge master combo which is about £320. Thoughts or anyones experience with either would be great.

Thanks

Ben

RCBS 5-0-2.

I started off with a cheapie electronic one but got fed up of random variations of +/- 0.7 grains.....

Unless you load enough to warrant a powder thrower the damped balance beam scale is the way forward in my opinions, for hunters at least.

Lyman 500 and a old set of CH undamped scales for checks every now and then to make sure they both agree.

RCBS beam scale, Mod. 304 `Dial-a-Grain`, over 30 years faultless service.
Currently set for 40.5 grains.
HWH.

BUGGYCROWS039.jpg

Ohaus Dial-O-Grain. See the above photo. Ohaus made them for RCBS... Mine is older than 30 years! I know this because I bought it used, 30 years ago! It is the best there is IMHO.~Muir

Ohaus Dial-O-Grain. See the above photo. Ohaus made them for RCBS... Mine is older than 30 years! I know this because I bought it used, 30 years ago! It is the best there is IMHO.~Muir

Correct !
The print at the bottom of the box states `MANUFACTURED EXCLUSIVELY FOR RCBS BY OHAUS SCALE CORP.`
[ I still have the box ! ]

HWH.

Salter digital reloading scales. I always weigh powder twice regardless of which scales i use.Regards, Ed.

Lee phenolic beams to start with, I don't like the small graduations and unclear markings. That said once properly adjusted and locked they are fine. But I find my RCBS 505's easier for fine work.

ft

I have ohaus scales But use RCBS chargemaster combo as it is quicker and takes my crap eyes out of the loop !:lol:

I use a Hornady set - it's what they had in the shop when I bought them about 12 years ago. I'm quite happy with them, hasn't let me down so far.

I also have an RCBS check weight set that I use to confirm the setting is 100%.

Back