Bryan Nelson : Sporting Agent

User00022

Guys,

Anyone had any dealings with him or got something booked with him as an Agent or Client...

Just interested in his reliability...

Alex

Website looks impressive.... although there is a bit that says "hire of estate rifle"

It is illegal to charge clients for the use of an estate rifle ;)

It's ok to lend someone a firearm under the estate rifle exeption but not to accept payment.

Si,

He's American and just using a general "marketing" approach. He's aiming at a wider market than just UK yokels. it will be down to the actual service provider to handle the "provision" of rifle, in the case of stalking. Prior to booking I would suspect the issue of gratuity would have been raised ;)

Stan

Guys, Anyone had any dealings with him or got something booked with him as an Agent or Client...Just interested in his reliability...Alex
When I saw this thread I was hoping there might have been some info ref this Agent.
I have booked a trip with him in November and the deposit was 50% of the total bill.
I thought this was a bit much, as a deposit, but am now a bit worried as deposits are normally not returnable if something goes wrong.
Apart from acknowledgement of receipt of the money he has not contacted me since.
I have managed to contact him, with difficulty, to ask about flights, etc but have been told that I will be informed as soon as he knows anything !! not very helpful when hoping to book airport parking.
He did say that he is having a job to get a full group together, but regardless of how many he gets, my trip is definitely on, but he still can't say which airport I will be flying from, which I find rather odd.
He has a good web site but there doesn't appear to be any feed back from previous clients so was wondering if there were any on this site.
Any info would be appreciated, public forum or pm, depending on the way it is slanted.

Last edited:
I am surprised that, with all the Boar enthusiasts that use this site and the fact this agent advertises on this site, that I have had no response.
That is making me even more nervous :(

I have dealt with him and met him.
My dealings are he has sent me foreign clients a couple of times.
Been reliable payment and plesant clients.
I would help him again.
He is a general agent selling wing/hoof hunts.
Been at it quite a long time so must mean something.
He gets an equiry rings a few guides sets the dates takes payment and sits back.
He does however ring (me and the client) throughout the trip to make sure all is going well.

i have had a similar experience to John at yorkshire roe although they were UK based clients and i have not met him yet.

I have worked with Bryan for a couple of years now! he is honest and your booked trips will be safe i promise you that
Lee

Is there anybody on this site that has been with him on any of his driven boar trips and willing to share their experience?
Did they shoot or see the number of Boar quoted on his web site ?

I find this hard to believe.
Over a thousand visits and nothing to say, not like the usual members of SD !!
Here is a guy that has been going for a few years now and is well spoken of but nobody has admitted to having gone on any of his trips.
Surely somebody must have been with him, haven't they :eek:

Last edited:
Our estate has also had stalking and shoot parties from him, he seems pretty straight so I wouldnt worry about your booking. I would always ask for a 50% deposit becasue it stops people not turning up for a morning stalk. Sure you will have a good time.

same for me Eddie,

seems very pleasant to deal with, have only helped him out with clients coming here to stoot.

Tony

From what I have read, this guy has no contacts of his own other than other Agents :confused:
The reason I have chosen a trip with him is because I want something/somewhere different for a change.
The way he works would seem that I stand a chance of ending up with one of the Agents I've already been with :eek:

Back