Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Contamination For fly fisherman

Cross Contamination For fly fisherman

Attachment 3077Fly fisherman your worried about a couple of deer laying on top of each other get a grip this is the real world .

This wasn't too long ago .

People in the picture have been removed to protect the identites .
    Last edited by widows son; 21-10-2010 at 14:10.

Reminds me of the seperation tecnique of the fc ranger in the back of his pickup after a successful nights lamping

remember the helecopter extraction from glen lyon,

from people who should know better
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

I'd certainly not be proud of that heap. It doesn't do the clean image of venison or the concept of the 'trained hunter' using best practice much good does it.

Having undertaken similar culls on Reds it is not an unusual photograph. However it would have helped I think if the carcasses had been laid out. Even though it was obviously fairly cold at the time, the heat underneath that pile might cause an issue

Alex Ive been shooting Deer for many moons , the point being Best Practice is being flung about all over the place , with the advent of the computer we have all these web sites on Deer Stalking, Full of Amateurs, Beginners what every you call them , that all think best practice ,oh Ive got to follow it to the letter of the guides, Rubbish .

Pick out the bit with relevance to yourself and work to what you find practical not to what someone put in a guide, because thats exactly what it is a GUIDE nothing more or less .

If I was to spend all my time learning the Best Practice of this and that I'd never get away from doing courses on ATV, Argo, manual handling courses, personal lifting courses, first aid courses the ish, I want to go stalking not spend days filing bit of useless paper ,that will never give you the practical experience of the wood or the hill, what did all the older stalkers thats, the guys that started this years ago do, learned by others and by mistakes we've all made them thats the learning curve .

The problem we all have these days, mmm ,were all scared of someone criticizing us ,I couldn't care less what anyone says about me, sometimes, the truth hurts but its the truth .

This country is full of CCTV ,Risk Assessments, Health and Safety and yes we still have accidents why ,if all these things are put in place why do we still have accidents .
    My theory because everyone is that up tight scared of failure and its consequences ,they forget about the other people around them doing the same thing all the training courses in the world cannot stop it .

Enjoy this while you have the health and breath to do so, don't be governed by a book it isn't law its a guide .

Rules, ......... for the obedience of idiots, & the guidance of the sensible amongst us.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sad photo, good job someone decided to implement Best Practice. Older chaps like me can continue to stalk by looking in the rear view mirror, but I hope the youngsters will be more enlightened and have a little more respect.

Not doubting your obvious experience WS and no offence intended, but in my opinion (if the opinion of a lowly amateur is worth anything) is that photo really isn't a flattering perspective of carcass handling by today's thinking.

I'm sure it has gone on/goes on and there were probably operational reasons for not at least laying them out on a plastic sheet instead, but like you say we live in a world of traceability, health and safety, hygiene regs now whether we like it or not - surely we should be encouraging the raising of standards rather than castigating poor flyingfisherman?

Admittedly us amateurs have the luxury of time on our hands but isn't it about having some pride about doing the best we can?

just my personal thoughts,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Alex Ive been shooting Deer for many moons , the point being Best Practice is being flung about all over the place , with the advent of the computer we have all these web sites on Deer Stalking, Full of Amateurs, Beginners what every you call them , that all think best practice ,oh Ive got to follow it to the letter of the guides, Rubbish .
    Last edited by csl; 21-10-2010 at 15:35.