Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun

Shotgun

I enjoy talking to other stalkers, sometimes you're told something which takes you by surprise. In this instance, the guy told me how when he was out with the dogs, they drove out a roe, which he took with a shotgun.
    Does everyone have a stalker like this who you bump into occasionally, and they throw something into the conversaition which you just didn't expect?!

Sadly, that sort of thing is not as rare as you think. Still a lot of muppets out there. JC

Although it does seem wrong with the correct size of shell it is legal isn't it. I remember hearing a story from an old boy near by of some rough shooters flushing a roe and it taking 7 shot to fall the deer... Probably 6 in 2 1/2" as well... Not exactly humane...

Well Ive shot plenty of deer with Shotgun ,which is legal, LGs or SSG, Spherical ball, Rifled slug ,I will when the need arises continue to use a shotgun because it is legal to do so .
    The last one was in a garden a large Red Stag, who decided he was having every plant in the street I got the call knowing the area was pretty well enclosed by houses, it was the shotgun with spherical ball .

Dropped on the spot with the tomato's he was eating still in his mouth , now had i taken the rifle i had the greatest chance of a ricochet due to the stone built terrace wall behind the gardens , this is where the shotgun comes well into contention

Hence we return to Best Practice on this occasion this was the safest option for a risk assessment on that day .

Quote Originally Posted by DL View Post
    Does everyone have a stalker like this who you bump into occasionally, and they throw something into the conversaition which you just didn't expect?!
    We call them Walts down here.... they usually loiter in gunshops, never actually buying anything just spouting bull5#it
    You may find that a good majority of Walts are ex-army snipers and have shot all 10 species of deer including Red bucks and Roe hinds
    Last edited by Si; 22-10-2010 at 11:55.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    We call them Walts down here.... they usually loiter in gunshops, never actually buying anything just spouting bull5#it
    You may find that a good majority of Walts are ex-army snipers and have shot all 10 species of deer including Red bucks and Roe hinds
    Not sure I agree with you there Si, in my experience most Walts just talk the talk and are sometimes quite entertaining, most were at the Iranian Embassy despite being five at the time or leading lights in the second Gulf war despite being fifty at the time!

Sadly the shotgun toting idiots that DL is referring to actually do use them against deer. I have been stalking for twenty years and have never found the need to shoot an uninjured deer with a shotgun.

Still everyones situation is different and, as some of the lads have pointed out, there are loopholes in the law to allow the use of inappropriate firearms under certain circumstances if thats what rings your bell.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have now shot tow muntjac on my patch, both were carrying lots of 6 shot in them.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

i once witnessed a game keeper i know very well , bowl over a red hind running full pelt at 15yd with his s/s in the head and with single shot !

all very exciting at the time , but now its just a memory i wish not to see repeated !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

There is a guy that shoots near me and when you ask him if he has had anything recently he quite often replies "yes i had a buck and a doe this morning" . That really boils my p**s.