Prize Draw in aid of H4H

8x57

Distinguished Member
Prize Draw
We had received several superb offers of prizes from members of this site for the Monmouth meet, and I have decided to give everyone a chance to win one of these prizes by running a prize draw on the day. In order to stay inside the rules regarding lotteries etc. it has been decided to sell the tickets only on the day of the shoot to members of this site and their friends. Already I have received donations from a couple of shooters who would like to attend the day but can’t make it so I’ve said I will buy raffle tickets on their behalf to the value of the amount that they have donated, I am prepared to do the same for anyone else on the site who would like to take part.

If you would like to take part in this draw simply pm me, I will then give you an address to which you can send your cheques made out to Help for Heroes and tickets to that value will be purchased and allocated to your name.

The prizes so far are –

1. Duracoat Gun Treatment, donated by Jager Sporting Arms.
www.jagersportingarms.co.uk

2. Two stalking outings in Sussex for Fallow or Roe, donated by sikamalc of the Stalking Directory. www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk

3. A bottle of single malt whiskey, donated by buckup a member of the stalking directory.

4.One solid oak or other hardwood trophy shield, made to measure to the winners chosen dimensions. Donated by buckup.

5. 1lb tub of Ramshot Magnum Powder. Donated by finnbear270

6. 1lb tub of Ramshot Magnum Powder. Donated by finnbear270

Have no doubt that further prizes will be added to the list over the next week.

By running this I hope that I’m not treading on the toes of tartinjock or anyone else, but it does give everyone an opportunity to take part and it should maximise the amounts raised, which will all go to the same worthwhile cause namely Help for Heroes.

Last edited:
8 x 57

I'd like to donate a day of driven pheasant, partridge, duck, snipe, woodcock, whatever for H4H.
Its a 70(very much ish!!!) day near Formby, in Merseyside.
I will accompany the gun and load/pick up and collect from a local hotel if necessary (sorry I cant offer accommodation here)

Tony

limulus and Griff I have sent you private messages.

Pheasant Sniper 1 (Terry) asked if I was getting plenty of support. Terry the support is unbelievable. I have gone on at some length previously about the extremely generous offers made, and these have just continued to come in. I will repeat it again, every one of the offers received has been from people connected in one way or another to this site and they have all approached me. I haven't asked anybody for anything. H4H is very close to the hearts of a lot of people. Nobody seems to care about the politics or the rights or wrongs of Afghanistan and Iraq they just think of the poor guys and girls out there and their families. I have a daughter of 20 who to me is still very young, yet two boys who were either in school with her or their sisters were, failed to return home safely. It kind of brings it home to you.

Last edited:
Hello 8x57,

Keep the good work going, you are certinally not treading on my toes or anybody elses for that matter.

All The Best

TJ

Updated prize list.

Following further donations from buckup and finnbear 270 additional prizes have been added to the list. Further prizes may be added as the week progresses.

Well done mate looking forward to the event ! see every one there.......

Steve............

Dekit I'm looking forward to meeting everyone if I get the chance. At the moment I am busy answering emails and private messages from members of the site who are offering prizes for the draw. The only thing that I am afraid of is that we don't sell enough tickets to justify their generosity. I feel it would be an insult if the final amount raised didn't relate to the generosity of the gifts.

The prizes so far are –

2. Two stalking outings in Sussex for Fallow or Roe, donated by sikamalc of the Stalking Directory. www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk

3. A bottle of single malt whiskey, donated by buckup a member of the stalking directory.

4.One solid oak or other hardwood trophy shield, made to measure to the winners chosen dimensions. Donated by buckup.

7. One day goat shooting in Dumfries and Galloway. Donated by Griff.

8. One box of hand tied fies. Donated by limulus

Last edited:
As discussed I'll donate the day to an auction to raise more for H4H.

As an alternative I will offer a box of 30 flies hand tied my myself.
They can be either dry flies (16 to size 26) or traditional northern wet flies (snipe and purple, partridge and orange etc)
I cant profess to being an expert at fly tying but the trout/grayling seem to like them well enough.
Mike, you're a gent.

Tony

The prizes so far are –

8. One box of hand tied fies. Donated by limulus

9. One box (100) .224/22 cal Hornady 52 grn A-Max bullets.
Donated by finnbear270.

10. One box (100) .224/22 cal Hornady 52 grn A-Max bullets.
Donated by finnbear270.

11. 500 CCI large rifle manum primers (collect only).
Donated by finnbear270

Following the draw held at Monmouth on Sunday 31st October the prizes were awarded to the following people.

Won by Welsh Guy.

Won by rohroh.

Won by Welsh Guy.

Won by JC275.

Won by ferretmanabu.

Won by Gerald Nicholas.

Won by Roedinator.

8. One box of hand tied flies. Donated by limulus
Won by steveford1.

9. One box (100) .224/22 cal Hornady 52 grn A-Max bullets.
Donated by finnbear270.
Won by Kevin Wilson.

10. One box (100) .224/22 cal Hornady 52 grn A-Max bullets.
Donated by finnbear270.
Won by Peter Warmington-Gardner.

11. 500 CCI large rifle manum primers (collect only).
Donated by finnbear270
Won by CSL.

I must once again thank everyone who donated prizes for this draw, they made a significant contribution to the amount raised on the day, which to date comes to £945.07 banked and more monies pledged and in the post. The final total will exceed £1,000.

Back