Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Goats - how much would you pay/what is the going rate?

Wild Goats - how much would you pay/what is the going rate?

Dear all

Just a bit of market research here and any feed back would be gratefully recieved.

Does anyone know what the going rate is for shooting Wild Goats?

Anyone that has been involved in shooting them and has paid to do so I would be interested in hearing from you.

Would it involve a day rate and then additional cost for any billys over a certain size for example?

As I say feedback gratefully recieved.

Thanks

If you really want to shoot Wild Goats,come to New Zealand shoot as many as you like for free.

I shoot them for free - they're more of a bloody nuisance than anything else. I'll shoot them when the landowner moans.
    The smell is gut wrenching and you really don't want to get involved in gutting and dealing with the carcasses.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP_PREDATOR View Post
    If you really want to shoot Wild Goats,come to New Zealand shoot as many as you like for free.
    As TP says go to NZ, on one memorable occasion me and a mate leveled a dozen in less than 30 seconds, another time we had shot so many I ran out of ammo.

ATB

Tahr

Kevin what happens to the goats do they go into the food chain
    Last edited by 6pointer; 25-10-2010 at 07:43.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Kevin what happens to the goats do they go into the food chain
    Hi Dave

Only real use for them is dog food, only young nannies really are good for eating, shame it is not worth shipping them over here as I recon’ that there would be a good market within our Asian population.

ATB

Tahr

A couple of years ago I shot a three year old billy. The local Italian Restaurant chef asked me for it for a private dinner for staff and friends. I got an invite and attended thinking I could always drink lots of their wine if I didnt like the food. Well- surprise, the first course was braised goat liver.the second goat chops. the third a goat stew and finally gigot of goat cut thin and fried. It was lovely. A real treat and I didnt even get pissed. The chef said a wild goat off the heather of Scotland is without equal in flavour. Having had a Sika roast last night I would dispute that but it was still excellent. David

It is a shame that nobody has answered the OP's question yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Hi Dave

Only real use for them is dog food, only young nannies really are good for eating, shame it is not worth shipping them over here as I recon’ that there would be a good market within our Asian population.

ATB
    Tahr

Curry goat, available in good west-indian take-aways! Yum !!

I don't know what it costs commercially, but I meet a chap who beats on a shoot at Lyonshall who deals with them in Snowdonia. He has offered me a go at goats a few times. I will try and find out if he will take you out for one

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I don't know what the going rate is to shoot a wild goat in these parts mate. I have seen them on the hill behind my stalking ground but don't think there is much of a market to stalk them. I wouldn't think it would cost that much..............I wouldn't mind shooting one to eat, never tried goat before.