Wild Goats - how much would you pay/what is the going rate?

jon2

Dear all

Just a bit of market research here and any feed back would be gratefully recieved.

Does anyone know what the going rate is for shooting Wild Goats?

Anyone that has been involved in shooting them and has paid to do so I would be interested in hearing from you.

Would it involve a day rate and then additional cost for any billys over a certain size for example?

As I say feedback gratefully recieved.

Thanks

I shoot them for free - they're more of a bloody nuisance than anything else. I'll shoot them when the landowner moans.
The smell is gut wrenching and you really don't want to get involved in gutting and dealing with the carcasses.

If you really want to shoot Wild Goats,come to New Zealand shoot as many as you like for free.

As TP says go to NZ, on one memorable occasion me and a mate leveled a dozen in less than 30 seconds, another time we had shot so many I ran out of ammo.:oops:

ATB

Tahr

Kevin what happens to the goats do they go into the food chain

Hi Dave

Only real use for them is dog food, only young nannies really are good for eating, shame it is not worth shipping them over here as I recon’ that there would be a good market within our Asian population.

ATB

Tahr

A couple of years ago I shot a three year old billy. The local Italian Restaurant chef asked me for it for a private dinner for staff and friends. I got an invite and attended thinking I could always drink lots of their wine if I didnt like the food. Well- surprise, the first course was braised goat liver.the second goat chops. the third a goat stew and finally gigot of goat cut thin and fried. It was lovely. A real treat and I didnt even get ****ed. The chef said a wild goat off the heather of Scotland is without equal in flavour. Having had a Sika roast last night I would dispute that but it was still excellent. David

Hi Dave

Only real use for them is dog food, only young nannies really are good for eating, shame it is not worth shipping them over here as I recon’ that there would be a good market within our Asian population.

ATB
Tahr

Curry goat, available in good west-indian take-aways! Yum !!

I don't know what it costs commercially, but I meet a chap who beats on a shoot at Lyonshall who deals with them in Snowdonia. He has offered me a go at goats a few times. I will try and find out if he will take you out for one

ft

I don't know what the going rate is to shoot a wild goat in these parts mate. I have seen them on the hill behind my stalking ground but don't think there is much of a market to stalk them. I wouldn't think it would cost that much..............I wouldn't mind shooting one to eat, never tried goat before.

It is a shame that nobody has answered the OP's question yet.

Sorry Hod, quite right,:oops: I seem to remember reading some time ago that somebody up here in D&G was charging £100 per stalk for them, not that they take much stalking.:-| Still worth bagging one if you haven’t done so already.

Here is a good Billy to wet your appetite.

mewithgoatnoface.jpg

ATB

Tahr

Thanks fellas for the replies.

Yes I was reckoning about £100 per outing or rather per day Thar.

Thanks it gives a rough idea of what the going rate would be.

We asked a while ago and were quoted £85-100 for a day .. as Tahr says get a cheap ticket to NZ you can sit n shoot em all day til your barrel melts for free :D

If you really want to shoot Wild Goats,come to New Zealand shoot as many as you like for free.

i would do that, how do you get it sorted.
if four like minded guys wanted to sort a wee trip next year id be happy to look into it.
anyone got any contacts in newzealand.
pm me

frank

If anyone wants a contact for NZ then pm me, Sika pigs goats reds trout etc.

At a very resonable price, he has been going for years and has now decided he can offer a package to suit all..

regards
griff

As some of you guys know I have a contact for anybody wanting a hunting Trip to NZ.

ATB

Tahr

Back