Thread: snowdonia taxidermy supplies

snowdonia taxidermy supplies

hi guys, i went to llanwrst, n, wales in the back end of summer.
    whilst there i thought i would go along to sts.
    up the drive, parked the car, and this tall fella comes over. can i help!
    i want some idea about tanning.
    sorry mate but we are only open for trading by appointment.
    but what sort of skins do you want to tan.
    i said deer, you need our k tan kit. come inside and ill show you round.
    what a fantastic set up, met all the staff and talked about shooting as well as taxidermy.
    they talked me through the tanning process and what to buy.
    they main trading is mail order and there sister company is blade tech.
    a very helpful bunch of people and good to see a company that makes time for there
    customers.
    www.snowdoniasupplies.co.uk
    thanks to all at sts. mark.

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    Yes sts is very helpful in every way,I ordered some eyes from john hallet for my stag mounts and i got some red elk eyes,i was straight forward and told him that they were cr.p he didnt take it well and told me to go else where,he doesnt sell rubbish,i bought alot of taxidermy products from him and now he says goe to someother as my oppinion doesnt matter,so i said to him i have been a deerstalker all my life and know what a stags eyes look like,he was verry child like in his repplies,so he refunded me and said i will not be dealing with you again ?what a reaction,whats happened to the customers say,i can see he is set in his old ways and cant be told,he just wants to sell you anything,his forms were cr.p and thats maybe why he was like that as i buy else where.After i ordered from sts and the same eyes came,very quickly i mite add,quick service,i said the same to sts and they said sorry it didnt match the colour and what do i need,i said more grey like with brown pupil and they despatched the best eyes yet and the manner in which they approached every thing i was impressed.so BIG john You did me a big favour,thanks,rob albahighlandtaxidermy

good for you rob,
    glad that sts treated you well.
    like i say in my thread they treated me and my wife very well,
    and i only purchased a k-tan kit, even offered us tea or coffee!
    real sound people.

I have spoke to them on a number of occassions, like you say, very helpful. They knew I was a complete beginer and went out of their way to explain how to do things. I see you mention K tan here. I just did a Munti hide with white tan, not the correct stuff as stuff I know....what are the benifits of k tan?? Also how soft should the hide be when done, I have stretched it but it isnt super soft....though not like a board either...is this due to the thickness of the hide for a small deer as such??
    I am off lamping this eve and want to get a couple of fox pelts to try. Any tips on making them soft...

Pete

JHT does a great service, I use him alot and I have never been unhappy, I actually find him very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    I have spoke to them on a number of occassions, like you say, very helpful. They knew I was a complete beginer and went out of their way to explain how to do things. I see you mention K tan here. I just did a Munti hide with white tan, not the correct stuff as stuff I know....what are the benifits of k tan?? Also how soft should the hide be when done, I have stretched it but it isnt super soft....though not like a board either...is this due to the thickness of the hide for a small deer as such??
    I am off lamping this eve and want to get a couple of fox pelts to try. Any tips on making them soft...

Pete
    hi pete, i am like yourself a complete beginer.
    sts said i could use white tan on deer skins, but k-tan was a better tanning solution.
    so i took there advise and you do get good results.
    if its info you need then call sts im sure they will be only too glad to help.
    good luck, mark.

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFFT View Post
    JHT does a great service, I use him alot and I have never been unhappy, I actually find him very helpful.
    Yes claire,I got some advice but it was quick,he is verry good at foxes etc but has turned into a salesman.but a bad one at that,my partner is a manager in tescos and her comments were the customer is always right and there thoughts are important,i got a roe form from john and was the wrong size,also was disproportioned,i comented to him about it and he doesnt listen,i put in the bin,he took his time in sending out items also,with sts they get it to you straight away and dont take the huff,asking if they can give more service and advice,i put a lot of cash to jht which now will be going to sts,cheers rob