Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday shooting

Sunday shooting

Hey guy's Still learning the ropes here and got another question for ya's. Is it legal to stalk and shoot on a sunday. I have permissions both north and southren ireland. Thanks for your help in advance.

dont know about across the water but its fine over here north of that fine wall
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

It's ok over here South of the fine wall which should be much taller too!
    Christmas day is the only day off I believe, and you shouldn't shoot one with a red nose on Xmas Eve either!
    MS

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    It's ok South of the fine wall which should be much taller too!:
    MS
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    True
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

hi you are allowed to shoot deer on a sunday in the south but up in northern ireland it,s a big no no.

we were discussing this recently. i have had a FAC for almost 20yrs and i have never fired a shot on a sunday with the exclusion of clays. A friend from the north as well was saying that if it wasnt for sunday shooting he wouldnt be shooting a fraction of what he is. I believe it is ok to shoot vermin but game is not allowed in the north on a sunday. i would be keen to get the correct answer for shooting vermin on a sunday in the north.

keith

i was approached by the police while shooting crows one sunday, the officer told me to packup until he checked out the legality of it, so off home i went about 4 hours later he landed to my house and told me i was only allowed to shoot on a sunday if it was for crop protection and as i was shooting over stubble i had no argument. so now to keep on the right side of the law i leave the guns locked up on a sunday

as far as i know ,, you can shoot any vermin in NI on a sunday as long as it has no feathers and cant fly,,, As the scudd says , the only way around this is for crop protection.. foxes , rabbits, rats, squirles etc should be ok on a sunday between the hours of 7am and 11pm if your close to housing...the old disturbing the peace melarky..

Vermin is ok to shoot on Sundays no game but not all police here are aware off this .So best just keep guns in the safe on Sundays..