Sunday shooting

Dixie

Hey guy's Still learning the ropes here and got another question for ya's. Is it legal to stalk and shoot on a sunday. I have permissions both north and southren ireland. Thanks for your help in advance.

It's ok over here South of the fine wall which should be much taller too!:D
Christmas day is the only day off I believe, and you shouldn't shoot one with a red nose on Xmas Eve either!;)
MS:)

we were discussing this recently. i have had a FAC for almost 20yrs and i have never fired a shot on a sunday with the exclusion of clays. A friend from the north as well was saying that if it wasnt for sunday shooting he wouldnt be shooting a fraction of what he is. I believe it is ok to shoot vermin but game is not allowed in the north on a sunday. i would be keen to get the correct answer for shooting vermin on a sunday in the north.

keith

i was approached by the police while shooting crows one sunday, the officer told me to packup until he checked out the legality of it, so off home i went about 4 hours later he landed to my house and told me i was only allowed to shoot on a sunday if it was for crop protection and as i was shooting over stubble i had no argument. so now to keep on the right side of the law i leave the guns locked up on a sunday

as far as i know ,, you can shoot any vermin in NI on a sunday as long as it has no feathers and cant fly,,, As the scudd says , the only way around this is for crop protection.. foxes , rabbits, rats, squirles etc should be ok on a sunday between the hours of 7am and 11pm if your close to housing...the old disturbing the peace melarky..

Vermin is ok to shoot on Sundays no game but not all police here are aware off this .So best just keep guns in the safe on Sundays..

My dad who is in his mid 70`s would go nuts if he knew i fired a shot on a sunday. He`s one of the old school.
I used to ask him if rabbitsor pigeons stopped eating crops because it was a sunday.
basil.

If you're shooting crows/pigeons etc on a sunday you are still performing crop protection. Crop protection is planned and, even if you're shooting on stubbles on a sunday, you are still protecting surrounding and subsequent crops from pest species.

Personally I dont shoot on sundays, just my choice.

For christs sake it is 2010 AD some of us work all week and only get a shot on a sunday.

each to their own but I know where I stand.

thank god i am an aethiest cannot be bothered with all this holy moly shite, I have never seen a deer in church.

Back