Advice Tikka T3 Hunter Trigger.

Cut+Squirt

Lads..........I have recently bought a Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06.
I am delighted with the rifle and the groups that it is shooting but feel they could be improved even further by lightening the trigger pull.

I am led to believe that it is a relatively simple job but in the absence of the instruction booklet I am a bit conserned about starting to tamper blind.

Can anyone give me step by step guidance on how to do this safely please.

Kind Regards,

CADEX

You will see a allen headed grub screw in the forward end of the trigger block directly over the trigger block mounting bolt.

With empty rifle and bolt removed, select apropriate hex key and unscrew ajustment screw until it begins to foul the trigger block mounting bolt - then wind it in a turn.

Try trigger, it should be quite alot lighter - make sure that the rifle will not slam fire, will hold safe if knocked - if it will not ajust the trigger again by screwing the ajuster screw in a half turn until its safe.

If your not sure, dont do it, get someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

Have a look on the Tikka website and you should find the owners manual on there with instructions on how to adjust the trigger.

Have same Rfle an Cal. :D Very easy to do as Redmist say's. :D Was thinking of putting a set trigger in mine "NOT" 3/4 to paying for a New Rifle :eek:

Make yourself an inexpensive trigger pull tester from a 0-7 pound spring fishing balance and ring the importers asking about minimum pull weight for safety.
Just twiddling screws can be dangerous !
HWH.

Triggertester-1.jpg

There's a coincidence, last night I adjusted the trigger on my .22-250 T3 Hunter. I fitted a new scope, decided to clean the rifle at the same time & separated the action from the stock to check all was well.

As Redmist says, just unscrew the Allen screw until it butts up against the mounting bolt, I then screwed it back in 1/2 a turn & dropped on some threadlock for good measure.

Didn't check the poundage of the pull but its much lighter than previous. Checked it was safe with a dummy cartridge by closing the bolt vigorously a few times & gave the butt a whack with my hand, no problems.

Cheers

Chris

Make yourself an inexpensive trigger pull tester from a 0-7 pound spring fishing balance and ring the importers asking about minimum pull weight for safety.
Just twiddling screws can be dangerous !
HWH.

Which is why, if you are not sure, one should consult or seek advice from someone who knows what they are doing.

Nice idea re the scale, but hard to get accurate reading unless the scale has a marker which stays in place when trigger activated...

It appears to be a bit easier than I thought..............I will update the thread with the results once i have given it a try.

I took the advice of Redmist and completed the job today...........the trigger is great now, a lot lighter and has retained its crisp no creep feel. An easy 10 min job..............Thanks for all the advice guys.

Back