Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Interbond vs. Accubond

  1. #1

    Interbond vs. Accubond

    Im looking at potential bullets to use in my new rifle when it arrives. Ive narrowed it down to these two makes. Whats the difference? I imagine the Hornadys come in a heap cheaper but has anyone actually tried them both?

    I also looked at Berger but didnt like the idea of no exit wound.. The Sierra GKs are good from my own experience but they have a crud BC and also can easily get damaged feeding them in and out of the rifle.. Ive used SSTs also and these would be a consideration..

    Whats the difference also between the SST and the interbond? All the ones ive listed as potentials have very similar BCs and bullet structures, i guess it comes down to price and availability? Unless any of you guys have any experiences you want to share?

    Im looking at 139/140gn 7mm bullets by the way..

  2. #2
    |I have used sst's alot in my 308 and found them to be really good, i have also tried the interbonds but in my rifle were slightly less accurate than the sst's and of course with them being a bonded bullet expand less.

    I am now testing the berger and have found them very very accurate, i have only shot a couple of beasts with them so its to early to comment on there performance but i have had exit wounds on them all.

    In my limited experience, allthough i seem to now have tested most of the polymer tipped hunting bullets, you have to do what i have and test as many diferent bullets as you can afford (time and cost) if you want more than just satisfactory results,

    good luck steve

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Im looking at potential bullets to use in my new rifle when it arrives. Ive narrowed it down to these two makes. Whats the difference? I imagine the Hornadys come in a heap cheaper but has anyone actually tried them both?

    I also looked at Berger but didnt like the idea of no exit wound.. The Sierra GKs are good from my own experience but they have a crud BC and also can easily get damaged feeding them in and out of the rifle.. Ive used SSTs also and these would be a consideration..

    Whats the difference also between the SST and the interbond? All the ones ive listed as potentials have very similar BCs and bullet structures, i guess it comes down to price and availability? Unless any of you guys have any experiences you want to share?

    Im looking at 139/140gn 7mm bullets by the way..
    I have tried both in my 7mm,the SSTs can break up also sometimes they fail to expand depending on the distance you shoot at,after trying loads of bullets Berger inc I have settles with interbonds,they group well,hit hard.expand correctly at any distance,they dont break up due to being bonded,they leave very little meat damage due to being bonded basically they do the job just fine from a munty to a red stag

  4. #4
    I use SST's and am happy(ish) with them, but I am going to try a premium bullet/s next. I have narrowed it down to the Interbond (in which the lead core is chemically bonded to the outer casing, rather than the SST which has an interlock/cannelure acting as a mechanical join between the core and caseing) and the Swift Scirroco II.

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  5. #5
    Ive ordered some interbonds. I think regarding bullet performance theyre up there with VLDs. I plugged them both into ballistic FTE and was surprised that the difference between a VLD 140gn and an interbond 139gn at 500yds is an inch. From what i can gather, unless your going to shoot over 300yds a lot then bergers are wasted.. Also, its probably best to start with cheaper bullets!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Ive ordered some interbonds. I think regarding bullet performance theyre up there with VLDs. I plugged them both into ballistic FTE and was surprised that the difference between a VLD 140gn and an interbond 139gn at 500yds is an inch. From what i can gather, unless your going to shoot over 300yds a lot then bergers are wasted.. Also, its probably best to start with cheaper bullets!
    the interbonds are just fine at 500 yards I was shooting them sunday and hitting 4 inch steel gongs shot after shot with them,they also put deer down on the spot at extended ranges

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by musty View Post
    |I have used sst's alot in my 308 and found them to be really good, i have also tried the interbonds but in my rifle were slightly less accurate than the sst's and of course with them being a bonded bullet expand less.

    I am now testing the berger and have found them very very accurate, i have only shot a couple of beasts with them so its to early to comment on there performance but i have had exit wounds on them all.

    In my limited experience, allthough i seem to now have tested most of the polymer tipped hunting bullets, you have to do what i have and test as many diferent bullets as you can afford (time and cost) if you want more than just satisfactory results,

    good luck steve
    The Berger's might have exited because you were not shooting at long enough range, or the deer was too small - ie. the Bergers need a long range to slow down to a speed where they fully expand, and in addition, they penetrate up to 5 inches before expansion starts, which means in a small roe deer, the bullet is already halfway through the body before it starts to break up, and if at close quarters, it may hardly expand at all before exiting - that's why they're not considered good for UK Stalking. - IMHO.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    ive got some barnes 140 ttsx to load up for my 7mm, based on the findings of a couple of people who have shot them a bit with good results

  10. #10
    Flyingfisherman,

    As and when your new beauty does arrive, I'll be interested to hear how the two bullets compare. Would you be abe to let me know if there is a noticable difference between them on deer out to about 200 yards. Target/ zero wise I'm sure they're very similar but I'm interested by the possible difference on deer.

    Thanks,

    Dave

Similar Threads

  1. Hornady Interbond 85gr .243
    By david1976 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-07-2010, 20:18
  2. Nosler Accubond
    By thomas in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-06-2010, 11:23
  3. Anyone tried Nosler 110Gr Accubond in 270 ?
    By tikka_69 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-03-2010, 07:43
  4. Hornady interbond
    By irishgun in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-04-2009, 21:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •