Thread: swaro av

swaro av

How does the swaro av stack up against its other models? Im looking for a variable for my foxing rifle and have seenone of these. Is it a lesser model than other swarovski offerings?

It is of a slightly lesser standard than a PV, but still excellent. Differences seem to be around the reticule and the windage and elevation adjustments. I had a 3-12x50 which was a pretty nice scope.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I've just sent an Habicht 4-12x50 back for repair & to have the reticle changed while it's in bits, this is my primary foxing scope on the .223, it's all you'll need for fox out to 350, superbly clear & good click adjusts. Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I've just sent an Habicht 4-12x50 back for repair & to have the reticle changed while it's in bits, this is my primary foxing scope on the .223, it's all you'll need for fox out to 350, superbly clear & good click adjusts. Steve.
    is this an av ? or pv? what the diff?

AV.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    AV's were made for the American market, I think (hence the A) and are built, again I think (correct me if I'm wrong)... on 1" tubes.

The PVs are mostly 30mm tubes and ought to give marginally better light transmission. Which starts to matter in dismal or twilight conditions, these things don't seem to be such a problem for American hunters, cos the sun shines more out their... oops ... there.

Hi Pete

I use a 4x12x50 AV Swaro with a plex reticle brought from the States on my Mannlicher & its a cracking scope, yes it's a 1" tube but I don't believe it makes a jot of difference.

Pop over any time if you wont to take a peek through it.

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!