Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello and help please

hello and help please

hello guys , my name is brian and i live in central scotland , ive been shooting since i was 10 years old starting off with airweapons then 10 years ago moving onto shotguns and firearms , at the moment i have .22 .223.234 on my ticket

this is where i need help , last december i was taken out by some mate stalking and i was hooked , i was invited to join the syndicate , and after putting in for my .234 paid my dues last march , life was good lol

everything was fine until monday of last week when we all recieved a letter from the sporting agent stating that the syndicate was being dissolved and with the letter a cheque returning our money ,

within 2 days i recieved a phone call from the police confirming to me that i had no longer rights on the ground and i had 3 weeks to sort out an alternative , she did not say i would loose my 243 but it was implied ,

i have phoned around and looked online but there is virtually nothing available , can anyone help?? both my 2 mates have there DS1 and i am awaiting a place to sit mine , ( the former agent would allow me to satlk as long as i was mentored by one of the guys with a DS1)

Brian

Well why not buy a few days stalking?

there is you good reason.

the police say this is NOT a valid reason , they say i need to have ground which is suitable for the class of firearm, my current permission which i shoot roe and foxes on is not suitable according to them

Or join a gun club / range until you have your permission sorted.

again the police say this is an option , but i would need to re apply for my 243 because its granted for stalking not target

Ask for an interview with the chief constable. He signs your cert. If you are central/stirling the lady has a reputation as a bully. I know a couple of lads who had run ins with the lady and the CC was the man to approach. I take it you are on a restricted FAC. As you had valid reason ask that the ticket may be opened. It gives you grounds to appeal. Which insurance body are you with? Ask for their help? Join your local DMG. You can hardly control deer at SNH request without your rifle.
    Remember you have been vetted and found suitable. You remain suitable even if your circumstances change. Your certificate allows you to hold the said rifle. You have proved you can safely. If you are restricted all you have to do is get approval for your new shooting ground and you must keep the rifle safe until you do so,

thanks jimbo , ive called SACS and i am just waiting on him calling back .. , my ticket is open , but strathclyde police are being very sticky on this , when i applied for my 243 i was told that the booking of 1 or 2 days a year was not a reason to grant a variation , and that i would have to book at least 7 days in the season , all paid for in advance, so it was cheaper for me to join the syndicate on a full gun for the season .

Quote Originally Posted by brian murphy View Post
    thanks jimbo , ive called SACS and i am just waiting on him calling back .. , my ticket is open , but strathclyde police are being very sticky on this , when i applied for my 243 i was told that the booking of 1 or 2 days a year was not a reason to grant a variation , and that i would have to book at least 7 days in the season , all paid for in advance, so it was cheaper for me to join the syndicate on a full gun for the season .
    Sounds to me like they're trying to make the rules up as they go along. Who'd have thought it?
    See what SACS advise, but I would expect them to be sticking up for you.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Brian,

It sounds very much as if your local firearms department is making it up as they go along. As far as I'm aware a booking on an accompanied stalk with a profesional stalker represents 'good reason' to possess. I suspect the marority of recreational stalking is undertaken on such a basis.

I would read the relevant clauses of the Home Office Guidance Note and get your facts right. I assume you are a member of some sort of shooting organisation. If so approach them and get its advice also. In light of my recent experience and conflict with Cheshire Constabulary in connection with my permissions to possess quantities of ammunition I would then put a well worded letter together stating the facts and make a formal complaint to the Professional Standards Department of your local constabulary copied to your Chief Constable. It certainly did the trick in my circumstances.

Good luck,

Tim

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    aye good luck,hopefully some 1in your area can help.try getting some hind stalking or doe shooting it will be a lot cheeper.

you can book for a lot more days but dont need to take them all ?you could work something out with agent.?

www.albahighlandtaxidermy.com