Malc and Sandra's stay in Dorset..

Well the Malcenator and Sandra turned up nice and early Sunday afernoon.

Recon them Dorset Doorsteps of mine had em drooling :lol:

Off out Sunday evening Malc was determined on getting Sandra her first deer after getting so close on a fallow buck the previous day.

Checking the wind we went in at the bottom entrance where a huge 8 pointer was immediately spotted..
But due to every bloody cow in Dorset running alongside us we were busted before we started.

Splitting up i walked on to the top fields and busted a good few hinds on the way

Approaching a place id had some previous luck i couldnt believe there were around 7 stags and 20 hinds out feeding nice and early.

Inching in i propped myself against a post and with a stable position on the sticks took a big 7 pointer dropping on the spot, quickly reloading i took a nice six pointer and to my amazement the hinds had grouped together but werent moving and dropped a spiker aswell

About 10 seconds from first shot at around 150 yards and all three were down..

I sent Malc a text saying i had three down and with an abundance of stags seen previously did he want me to take some more..

Thinking i was joking a text came through saying Yes, but on hearing my voicemail my phone ringing had me unload.. :cry: :D

I was absolutely made up as on answering the phone Malc informed me Sandra had taken her first deer.. A beautifull six pointer with a good sized head :thumb:

This was Sandra's first deer so we were absolutely on cloud nine as she had taken it at 175 yards off sticks after many practice sessions.

We took care of the grallochs and pictures with Malc telling me he was going to cape Sandra's stag which after being out on the boar the previous evening and only two hours kip didnt quite register until the head was off and in me hand..:oops: :doh:

As penance ive boiled it out and cut it tonight for when they get back.. :rolleyes:

Malc, Sandra and Mark - cervushunter are out tonight and ive just heard Mark has taken his first Sika, a nice spiker..

Recon well be celebrating again tonight and will get some pickies up later..

Terry

i travel to Finland, Africa and all over the UK. Seems you just play in your own garden Kenny!! Get out more and you will find there is more to stalking than just shooting deer.

Cervus Hunter now has a 3 hour drive back home, but he has his first Sika Stag, so I am sure he is much happier than you are as your reply seems a bit bitter :D:D

All the best Sikamalc, using Terrys machine

Well done guys, great news about Sandra's first deer too, nice one Sandra! :cool:

Alex

Well done guys, great news about Sandra's first deer too, nice one Sandra! :cool:

Alex

Thanks Alex. And to all the other guys who have sent texts and good will messages.

I have to say that to take a Sika Stag off sticks at about 175yds and drop it is a great shot for your first deer. It tried to get up again, but she shot again and took it through the neck as it lifted its head :eek: I am over the moon for her.

It might sound a little smug if thats the right word to use, but after mentoring her for about a year, and being with me in the field and with friends and clients she has made me a proud man.

Thank you everyone

Malcolm

Thanks Alex. And to all the other guys who have sent texts and good will messages.

I have to say that to take a Sika Stag off sticks at about 175yds and drop it is a great shot for your first deer. It tried to get up again, but she shot again and took it through the neck as it lifted its head :eek: I am over the moon for her.

It might sound a little smug if thats the right word to use, but after mentoring her for about a year, and being with me in the field and with friends and clients she has made me a proud man.

Thank you everyone

Malcolm

Malc, you know we are all proud of her, Sandra has done great and in her own time with first class mentoring from you. I can just see the grin on her face now mate, from ear to ear.:D
Here`s to many more Sandra.:thumb:

wadas

Nice one Sandra, im made up for you :D.

And as for 175yds off sticks/first deer thats amazing :cool:, she will be out shooting you malc if your not careful.

Joking aside very well done, you will always remember your first.

I knew you where going to grow to be a good stalker after you spotted that roe buck for me ,which i will never forget.

Congratulations.

ATB
Dave

Congratulations Sandra on a great job. 175 yds of the sticks not once but twice is a fabulous effort, and a superb trophy to show for it . Well done!! Malc you must be very proud. And well done to Terry, three down in what? under five minutes - well what can I say --- Right Place, Right Time

Well done to everyone

Lakey

well done guys, like i said im made up for you sandra. you have put some hours in over the last 12 months, and its definatley paid off for you. i bet malc is still like a cheshire cat up and down. :thumb:

Thanks guys. Still celebrating at Terrys. Cervus Hunter left about an hour ago, so thats 5 Sika stags in 24hrs :D

Someone said it wasnt very Deerish!! Wadas were are you :lol::lol:

Congratulations Sandra on shooting your first, and what a fine beast it is, one to remember im sure

atb
Cal

Off and running fantastic well done, your first deer and off sticks at a distance, but then you have Mr deer mentoring, I’m sure you will both never forget this first and first of many I hope
Once again well done Sandra and Malc and I’m sure Todd would have been somewhere.

Smithy Family

Back