Thread: A New Scope for my old BRNO .22LR

A New Scope for my old BRNO .22LR

I was visiting a sports store in the city last night, looking for some Federal Match .22 ammunition, and came across a second hand Leupold scope built for a .22. It has a 1" tube but only a 28MM objective, and is a 2-7X magnification. I asked to see the scope and found it to be brilliantly bright and clear. It came with a warranty and cost only $100 US, which is far better than the $230 it cost new. I know that a 28MM seems puny to you 50MM guys but for me, the scope will match the trim lines of the rifle which is something I value quite a bit.

As a warning, I looked at a "new" model and while identical in most ways, it did not say "Made in USA" on the bottom like the one I purchased does. I didn't have my glasses and couldn't make out the small printing, but I'm wondering if Leupold is outsourcing their scopes?? ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    but I'm wondering if Leupold is outsourcing their scopes?? ~Muir
    Out sourcing the parts is what I hear, at least for the cheaper VX,and FX 1 &11 series.

Neil.

Muir, as I read it on other forums this is of great concern to a lot of Americans. Leupold it seems are having stuff including the lenses made in china now and only assembly them in Oregon. I happen to have the perfect rim fire scope fr you here Leupold M8 compact 4x

Oh Man...... Why do you always do this to me?? ~Muir

Probably because I am wicked . I'll Pm you as the M8 is sitting in a drawer so I am sure we could work something out.

I'll take some photos of it as there are some small dings from ejected cases hitting the tube. Seems it was on a Mini 14 Ruger.............................. well that is what I was told.