Thread: Morena Background

Morena Background

Have been asked by admin to give some background info on myself. Raised in Bechuanaland ( Botswana). Had a deprived childhood no TV ,Cinema , Discos etc. Tilley lamps candles eventually paraffin fridge Sent off to boarding school, holidays spent working on cattle ranch and hunting. Rifles owned .177 BSA .22 R/F (Australian Make) .303 sporterised ex army Lee Enfield.
    After school spell mining in SA. Money good awful working conditions. Returned home cattle ranching and taking guests out hunting. H&H .375, Rigby .416 , and favourite Jeffery double .500 V sights, all the real articles. Not mine regrettably.
    Came to UK graduated Glasgow Vet School, during this time worked 2 seasons pony man Glen Lyon.
    4 year stint in RSA some work on game farms. UK again LA practice 2 red deer farms and fallow deer park. Keen stalker.
    STILL LEARNING

Just your average upbringing then

John

Hi morena
    We have talked on the phone but unfortunately still have not met,
    Do you have plans to come to the CLA this year, it would really good to see there?
    I personally could listen to your life encounters for hours

Smithy

Thanks very much for that Norman. You have done a bit I see, are you sure your'e not Richard Hannay? It's really great to have such an experienced chap hosting the Vet and Deer Welfare sections.

Just a quick message to the members of the site. Don't mess with Morena or you are likely to end up with a horses head in your fridge! Its a long but very funny story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf

Just a quick message to the members of the site. Don't mess with Morena or you are likely to end up with a horses head in your fridge! Its a long but very funny story.
    now i know why he carries such a big cool box in his motor, i thought it was for the beer
    very nice itnro norman
    can't wait to meet up again with you next week , should be fantastic
    see you soon

Great stuff Norman. I see you worked at Glen Lyon, is that the estate near Aberfeldy? If so can I ask when this was, as a friend of mine is the keeper there. He moved from near Rosehall to Glen Lyon about 8 years ago.

Cheers

Sikamalc

Hi Skamalc,
    Worked on the Wills Estate up near Killin. Many moons ago. Stags very visible until they checked their calendar. Happy memories of looking up the mountain towards Loch Rannoch and seeing this absolute forest of antlers. Days later they had legged it. Have hazy memories of a distillery near ??Aberfeldy.
    M

Morena, did you ever meet a guy called Perrie ( and I dont mean Kevin and Perry either of comedy fame)

Cheers

Sikamalc

Hi Malc,
    The stalker was Jock Wilson. We kept in contact for years and then all of a sudden got a letter from his son to say dad been up on the hind cull had just come off the hill and suffered a fatal heart attack. Sadly missed as he was not a gentleman. Hard b*****
    m

Quote Originally Posted by morena
    Hi Malc,
    The stalker was Jock Wilson. We kept in contact for years and then all of a sudden got a letter from his son to say dad been up on the hind cull had just come off the hill and suffered a fatal heart attack. Sadly missed as he was not a gentleman. Hard b*****
    m
    Didn`t he play darts as well??
    I admire your background. It just proves, if you want it, go get it. It`s there if you put your mind to it.
    basil.